Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #11 
PewPewPew

Its fine, I just wanted to get it off of here, because I was a little gyaahhh about it, and know others would be too. I believe you that you didnt mean it and Im glad you know now.

Btw- NEVER FLUSH A FISH, NOT EVER! It is often against local law and isnt good for the water/waste systems. Opt instead to bury the fish or place it in a plastic bag and dispose of it in the garbage. Never throw it in a body of water, either.
Just letting you know- this can be very bad for local fish populations and whatnot..
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #12 
grinsinthedark

turtle10: Personally, dude, I think you learn about breeding betta on experience (since every betta pair is different). You can read all the textbooks you want, but trying to breed is the only way you learn, and you learn from your mistakes as I am now. If the betta babies didn't like the fish food I got them, then I would have used infusoria and gotten live brine shrimp from Petco. You shouldn't be telling people to "never breed again." I don't appreciate your advice and I won't take it. So thanks for nothing.

By the way, I haven't achieved the egg-hatching stage yet because if you read what I said, the eggs have never been able to hatch because the males won't take care of them. So I am working with my males to get them to take care of the eggs so that they will hatch, and I'll go from there.

PewPewPew: I'll probably use the plastic bag method since I think cats would dig up the corpse if I buried it.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #13 
PewPewPew

Eeeaassyy..I wouldnt pick fights with Turtle, nor anyone on this particular forum section, just because we as a site are very concerned with the proper methods to keep fish their safest and happiest. I must disagree with your statement to an extent. If you have questions, members like Monroe, Mr.Vampire, Martinismommy, chard, beat and many others have been breeding for quite a while. Im sure they will help you via pm when and if they can.

And that's a good idea.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #14 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinsinthedark View Post
You shouldn't be telling people to "never breed again." I don't appreciate your advice and I won't take it. So thanks for nothing.
Turtle10 did not say to never breed again, just to read up more first. I found your reply rather rude, even though I am not Turtle10.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #15 
grinsinthedark

PewPewPew: Just because a person is experienced at something doesn't mean you have to bend over if they are being rude to you. If he read what I said and didn't assume what wasn't written, then maybe I wouldn't find his delivery rude. I took offense to it obviously, so I don't see any reason for this to be carried out. If any other experienced betta breeders want to give advice, then they should learn to do so in a kind manner. Otherwise, I'm not going to care what job, occupation, age, or status you are. I'm not going to take it.

bettafish15: Oh really? I found what turtle10 to be rather rude. What a coincidence.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #16 
bettafish15

Well now your just being snippy :/ people dont mean to come off as rude, they just want whats best for your fish. Some on the forum care for the fish more than people's feelings, and it shows sometimes.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

Dude. Go on another site and ask the same questions. You want rude? Youre gonna get it.

Turtle's very blunt. But theyre right.

You dont like it? Get off the internet.

For your sake, I hope this dies quick. Look up what members did to jchristian4 when he didnt listen and was snippy. And then look at his fish. Theyre not doing so hot. I think one or two have died. And hey! So have yours. So.

Who's wrong on this one?

Just stop now...Ugh. If you dont want advice or cant take it, then why are you here? :/

Die, thread, die!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #18 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Eeeaassyy..I wouldnt pick fights with Turtle, nor anyone on this particular forum section, just because we as a site are very concerned with the proper methods to keep fish their safest and happiest. I must disagree with your statement to an extent. If you have questions, members like Monroe, Mr.Vampire, Martinismommy, chard, beat and many others have been breeding for quite a while. Im sure they will help you via pm when and if they can.

And that's a good idea.
LOL I'm so flattered! I really haven't been breeding that long... BUT I have had many failed spawn attempts to give advice from hah. Thankfully I've never had a spawn get violent the OP's did. There are a few tidbits that are helpful knowing before breeding to keep the fish and fry safe. Then you can experiment all you want with introduction method, tank set up, etc. However, you should have the generally accepted information on stand by.. like the fry food (BBS, VE, and microworms). There's a good website that goes through the basics. You can read over it and then pick and choose which method is best for you. I found them the easiest to learn new information from that could actually be applied easily as well. Good luck with future spawns!

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl....imp?catid=855

For the record, the forum members are still on the defense from a completely ignorant person trying to breed a while back (I believe he's still trying...). So if the comment seemed rude, it was probably because of that.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #19 
Tisia

I don't think turtle was being rude (he did say please after all), I think he's just a very blunt person
I'm not a breeder myself, but I've been reading enough on this site to know that infusoria can take weeks to prepare, and the brine shrimp need to be freshly hatched (betta fry are tiny) which involves getting eggs and hatching them yourself. which means by the time either were ready, your fry would be dead
there are definitely some things you can only really learn by doing, but that doesn't mean you should just walk in blind
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #20 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
LOL I'm so flattered! I really haven't been breeding that long... BUT I have had many failed spawn attempts to give advice from hah. Thankfully I've never had a spawn get violent the OP's did. There are a few tidbits that are helpful knowing before breeding to keep the fish and fry safe. Then you can experiment all you want with introduction method, tank set up, etc. However, you should have the generally accepted information on stand by.. like the fry food (BBS, VE, and microworms). There's a good website that goes through the basics. You can read over it and then pick and choose which method is best for you. I found them the easiest to learn new information from that could actually be applied easily as well. Good luck with future spawns!

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl....imp?catid=855

For the record, the forum members are still on the defense from a completely ignorant person trying to breed a while back (I believe he's still trying...). So if the comment seemed rude, it was probably because of that.

Heeeeee, maybe not filed as one of the "quite" a whiles, but you've taken good measure to learn and I respect that