Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #31 
PewPewPew

Win! <3 :D You just mad because Im so nice. Again, look at all this niceness.

Try not to hurt them too bad. I really hope you learn something useful and take advantage of what many dont have.

And I know you read that and this. Keekee. Ignored <3 Oh, a new fav thing to say.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #32 
Luimeril

oh, the air pump is needed to keep the bbs alive! i used the hole in the top of the tea pitcher, and ran the air tube through it, then used that, also, to get the shrimp out(i got shrimpy salt water in my mouth every day. xD gross!). Chappy adored those more than her pellets, though. many on here also use viniger eels, but i've never used those. Chappy was my first and only fry, and i didn't breed her myself. i was surprised by her, in a bag that i thought only had Red Cherry Shrimp and Java moss in it! she was a gift, and a month old when i got her.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #33 
PewPewPew

Resistance only make me like it more!
Oh geez. Its jchristian all over again. Here come the gifs.

Anyway, again, in all seriousness, I wish you well, wish away your ignorance and arrogance, and hope that whatever you've set out to do works out for you in the end~

Last edited by PewPewPew; 03-25-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: trying to resize pic
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Eeeaassyy..I wouldnt pick fights with Turtle, nor anyone on this particular forum section, just because we as a site are very concerned with the proper methods to keep fish their safest and happiest. I must disagree with your statement to an extent. If you have questions, members like Monroe, Mr.Vampire, Martinismommy, chard, beat and many others have been breeding for quite a while. Im sure they will help you via pm when and if they can.

And that's a good idea.
You forgot to add 1fish2fish. And PLEASE no more arguing!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #35 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Oh, crud. I knew I was forgetting someone important. Sorry, 1fish2fish.

And Im done, as far as its concerned. I just hate when this happens. My bad(ish), DQ <3
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #36 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
No worries, we are all overflowing with niceness! *throws flower petals around*

bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #37 
grinsinthedark

monroe0704: It might be. I have seen them embrace and shed eggs, but he took care of the first batch though. As I said before, I'm going to try and take the female out as soon as he starts taking care of them to see what happens. The first time, I thought that after the first few batches, one of those batches had to be fertile. But I guess none of them were. But I only thought he ate them because he refused to take care of them and they had laid on the bottom of the tank too long. I tried before to remove the eggs and artificially hatch them, but because they haven't been fertilized they never did.

Luimeril: Ah, okay, I didn't see the air pump. All I saw was the sweet tea pitcher, and I was thinking, "What he uses a sweet tea pitcher?" lol
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #38 
Luimeril

x3 i'm a she, and yes i did. :d it was hard, and annoying, but it worked. >3>
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #39 
1fish2fish

Alright this isn't a mod but I'm putting on the hat until I have a chance to report everyone.

A bunch of y'all are acting like babies..including the OP. Ever since JC everyone has been hop on the new breeder crazy. No one has ANY right to typecast a new member based on the actions of an old one.

OP.. if you're familiar with online social situations than I'm sure you realize that being new to a forum means you have to earn credibility. No one is going to automatically assume you know what your doing (especially if you come on asking questions in your first post). Also arguing with members shows bad character IMO (which I'm sure you don't care to have). Be the bigger person and let it go and if you feel an injustice is being done report it to a mod immediately.

As far as your question. In my experience most males will take care of fry. If yours are not I will assume that 1) they aren't being well enough conditioned 2) they are too old to be breeding or 3) you need to find a different source for your breeding fish. It could be that they are not producing viable eggs and it's possible your male could be sterile.

Now.. In the words of the immortal Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that".

Good night everybody.

Edit.. whoops.. I take too long to type apparently. But I stand by what I said. Arguing is silly and it grates my nerves. I don't mean to offend anyone but grr. Threads like this constantly get pushed up for no reason but for people to exchange gifs and argue.. let's leave that for off topic please.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

Are we back on topic and done arguing now?? I hope so!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote