Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #1 
RobbieLynnette

BiOrb?? yes or no?

So I'm looking at tanks and such and came across this BiOrb tank, it's sounds really kinda amazing. Does anyone have any thing to say about them? Are they good tanks/brands? I want to start smaller and they have a good sized 4gal. that I think may be a perfect starter from us.
RobbieLynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #2 
tokala

I don't have it, but had my eye on it for a long time! I had pretty much decided I was going to get one until I found a few threads on this forum that changed my mind. Some people were saying that they are hard to clean, and do not provide much surface air/space for bettas to breath from. The specific parts/filter cartridge are supposed to be a little pricey as well. Someone also said that the filter was a little too strong for their betta.
That being said, I am sure you could do a lot WORSE than a Biorbe!! And I am just speaking from a few reviews I read and not at all from any experience. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in and feel differently!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

I've heard they're harder to clean. I'd go with a simpler shaped tank. Also, round tanks tend to distort your view of the fish, which isn't fun.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 
Thunderloon

They're fragile, they're made by tetra, the filter system is obtuse and lets Bonbon hide, they're made by tetra, the down-flow from the filter is violent, they're made by tetra, they have little surface area, they're made by tetra, their circulation is incomplete, they're made by tetra, the lighting is odd and shadowy, they're made by tetra, the box cover art is NOT a photograph, they're made by tetra and they're made by tetra.

Also, they're only 1.8 gallons if the water is overflowing, way too small.

Very pretty tank, but not a winner.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 03-25-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: They're made by tetra.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

Not everything by Tetra is crap. I have a 5 gallon tetra kit tank from Walmart that I LOVE. The filter is awesome, the light is nice, it's sturdy, and it was only $30. I'd go with that if I were you, NOT the Biorb.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #6 
Pekemom

Tell us how you *really* feel, Thunderloon!! =))
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #7 
RobbieLynnette

Haha interesting I'm glad I asked I'd never heard anything about them before
RobbieLynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #8 
JackisLost

Isn't the biorb made of acrylic? It's not worth the price, isn't it 100 dollar range? Might as well get the fluval ebi kits
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #9 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
Not everything by Tetra is crap. I have a 5 gallon tetra kit tank from Walmart that I LOVE. The filter is awesome, the light is nice, it's sturdy, and it was only $30. I'd go with that if I were you, NOT the Biorb.
... read what the tag on the plug-end of the filter's cord says.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 03-26-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: I like my Marineland 5 gallon tank kit too.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #10 
Sweeda88

I know the filter is made by Marineland.