Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #1 
d3coY

Water change frequency

My little ninja Cello is in a 10g with 6 ghost shrimp (pictures are in the tank thread ). Plant wise I have 2 small java ferns and softball sized clump of java moss spread into two places.

Cello was recovered from under the sink at Wal-mart. For some reason, someone stuck her there and they forgot about her. She was laying on her side and most of her fins were rotted off terribly. She's made a miraculous recovery in just a couple short months thanks to the plethora of invaluable information I found here (yes, i admit lurking )

I check the quality of the water frequently. Although parameters stay nearly ideal all the time, I've been doing 20% water changes twice a week and vacuuming the gravel lightly every other week.

A friend brought up the subject of changing too much of the water or too often causing crashes or mini cycles. In doing so, I'd be doing more harm than good. A bit of googling has only validated mixed opinions. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
d3coY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #2 
turtle10

Two 20% water changes a week shouldn't mess with your cycle. Just make sure it is dechlorinated.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote