Santana

Santana

Lavvi

Lavvi

Turk

Isberg...Sorry she was very photo shy

Kodiak...My tail biter

Kodiak

Also..I know they are not flaring and the photos stink because of my camera...But can anyone make any assumptions on the exact color types they are and what type like vieltail or something else...Thanks..Hope you enjoy
Macky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Santana and Kodiak look like DT's, Idk about the girls...

But I think santana and (are they siblings?!) lavvi look like theyre multi's, but IDK.

Im curious, are these fish together? And are all of them female except for the last?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #3 
Macky3

Ya...The first 4, Santana, Turk, Lavvi and Isberg are all females and are in my 10 gallon and Kodiak is in a 10 gallon Divided with no other fish on the other end yet....Ive been trying to treat Kodiak with Melafix to help regrow his tail...but fin regrowth is a very slow process
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

You dont need the melafix, IMO/E. Just keep his tank clean with very frequent changes and if you want add some AQ salt, 1tsp/gallon for no more than 10 days.
If you have a filter and its not cycled, shut it off to promote better, faster growth.

He just needs some tlc, not meds. Especially if he's a chronic biter, because you can over medicate him.
Try adding cool, interesting things inside and outside the tank. I put pictures up beside the tank and you can try putting unconventional objects inside the tank, so long as they are non-toxic and child/pet safe. Many people put children's toys in that have large openings to swim through- though the size of a quarter and up holes are a must.

And okay, just wanted to check. Ive been seeing so many very young males latley that I just dont know anymore! Theyre cute. Do they get along well? Just asking since Ive heard 5 is better than 4 sometimes. But if it aint broke, dont fix it, right?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #5 
Thunderloon

^^^ salt dips as per OFL and get some aeration in the tank and he should clear up fine.

If the divider is one of those sheet with pinholes types just run the filter on the other side.

You can try Lifeguard (jungle box product at walmart) but the black on his tail is rot and its not gonna spontaneously go away without some kind of treatment.

Kodiak looks like a DTD to me, some reason they develop square shorter length bodies.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #6 
Macky3

The girls get along perfect..They have been there together since I got them last Septmeber...Ya it took them a few weeks to develop a heirachy but they calmed down nicely...I may be looking to introduce a few more to them but Isberg and Santana can be snots compared to the others...
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

Im glad things turned out well, sometimes sororities dont work out :(

Btw- I would take thunder's advice on that one...I didnt notice the black (rot) and that needs to be nipped in the butt before it gets worse or gets resistant!