Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #1 
Shayna09

Exclamation Royalty Free Images?

Hello everybody! My name is Shayna Archer and I write for Suite101.com. Recently, I have decided to write a series of articles on this topic (Betta fish) and I am looking for some high quality images that people wouldn't mind sharing with me!

Anybody who is interested in letting me use their images (I would like to find 8 - 10 high quality photos) please post them in this thread, along with the name of the fish, the sex of the fish and whether it is a crown tail, double tail, etc. Also, post your name so I can credit you and the link to your website if you would like that to be included in the photo description.

Thanks everyone!

- Shayna Archer.
Shayna09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #2 
Torat

Hi, Shayna.

I'm not sure they're "high-quality images," but if you need photos for a tasteful, educational (which means research - we have lots of information available on this forum) article, feel free to use my photographs.

They're here:
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?u=22853

or spread through-out the forums. (Just look.)

The name of the fish and it's supposed fin-type is within the description of each album.

I'd love to read the articles, by the way. Will you post them?
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

I'm terrible at photography and all my pictures are awful, sorry I can't be of any help! But you could go through the contest threads and the stickied thread called "Betta photos" in the pictures subforum. There are some great pictures there; find some that you like and PM the people who posted them to get permission. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to let you use their pictures.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #4 
Shayna09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torat View Post
Hi, Shayna.

I'm not sure they're "high-quality images," but if you need photos for a tasteful, educational (which means research - we have lots of information available on this forum) article, feel free to use my photographs.

They're here:
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?u=22853

or spread through-out the forums. (Just look.)

The name of the fish and it's supposed fin-type is within the description of each album.

I'd love to read the articles, by the way. Will you post them?
Thank you, I will go through your photos right now and choose the ones I would like to use. =)

As for the articles, I wrote on on caring for your betta fish and one on choosing tank mates for your betta fish. Although I appreciate your concern as to the quality of the articles, rest assured that I already know a lot about these fish - or else I would not be writing about them. I have three myself and am an active member on the Paw Talk forums.

Feel free to comment on the articles, and direct your friends there - or to repost these links anywhere you feel they may be helpful to somebody. =)
Old 03-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #5 
Shayna09

P.S. Torat, do you mind if I post your real name as the credit/what is your real name? Thanks again! For now the credit will just read "Torat @ Bettafish.com"
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #6 
sjones

Sounds like a good idea, however there is a lot of misinformation out there-I'd want to read the article first before consenting to any photo usage personally.

I was pretty upset to read a local person's posting on betta care-she claims to be and animal advocacy person-but the article is just so wrong: http://www.examiner.com/animal-advoc...he-beta-choice
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

Haha, you can use any of mine located in my albums, if any interest you.
Hope to see a stunner of an article <3

http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?u=22394
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #8 
naturegirl243

I have tons!
Diego is a male dragon scale Halfmoon Plakat

Absolem is a Marble male Delta tale

I have alot depending on what your looking for I have tons of female pictures and Veiltail male pictures I also can take more of any of my fish I have a nice camera so it's pretty easy to get good shots.

-Anjelica Peruzzi
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #9 
Shayna09

"Shayna Archer, Congratulations! Your article "Choosing Tank Mates for Betta Fish" was chosen by the Editor of the Section in which it appears this week because it exemplifies the quality content, excellent presentation, and high standard we are striving for at Suite101. The check mark icon associated with this Editor's Choice award appears on the article itself, and wherever it is listed on the site, and will continue to do so from this moment forward. Keep up the great work and enjoy this well-deserved recognition."

For anyone who worries about my articles being bad advice or full of misinformation, just wanted to let you know that they are not. I got the Editor's choice for my article about choosing tank mates for Betta fish. My other article is about caring for your Betta fish.

P.S. Anjelica Peruzzi - I am going to use your shot of Diego. =D Thanks so much.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #10 
naturegirl243

ah yay cool! I am always looking for my photograhy to be noticed.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote