Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #1 
amethystlady

decorations

is it a good idea to change the decorations in the tank frequently? Does this upset the betta or add to his enjoyment? Thanx.
Attached Images

amethystlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #2 
tokala

I am definitely no expert, but I have read that if you suspect your fish is getting bored it may be a good way to stimulate him. I think subtle changes from time to time are not a bad idea. But I wouldn't be surprised if BIG changes all the time end up stressing him out. Hopefully someone who knows a little more will chime in for you :)
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

Changing The decor around is not upsetting in itself, no. but the frequent ness of putting your hand in and moving things around would probably freak them out if done too often. Do it when you do large or 100% changes, when you need to take the fish out.
Rearranging, like said, helps ward off boredom somewhat and can also help curb excess aggression- the betta thinks its new territory for like a week.

Make sure I'd and when you move the decor, nothing can harm your betta by either having something that would squish him or that he can wedge into, like between a cave and threw tank wall.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #4 
amethystlady

Thank you for your replies!
amethystlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #5 
SummerOj

Well I only move my betta's decorations around when I clean their tanks. But I keep the same decorations, I just move them around. It seems to me that bettas like exploring.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote