Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Quick girl betta Q :)

So Luna has been looking pretty chubby lately! I can't tell because she is mostly all white on her body so I can't check for stripes, but I think she is eggy. It's my understanding that she will drop and then eat the eggs... is this safe? It won't badly dirty the tank, will it? Just added sand a week or so ago and I only have a tiny net or my fingers to scoop stuff out.
Also, she is extremely spunky and happy! The other day, just for fun, I put a mirror near the side of her tank, seeing what she would do. Well, she swam all around it like crazy, and I think she though she had a sister! She looked like she was having fun. But she never flared, never acted the least big aggressive. I have never ever ever seen her flare at anything. She just looks curiously at things. Is this normal? Can she just be a real sweetheart, or is she not normal? I mean, she acts sooooo healthy! Eats like there is no tomorrow, swims like crazy, explores, plays games...
Also, for total length, she is about 2", and her colors are vibrant but interesting: silvery blue and red, with dark dark blue marbling. I was hoping she was pretty young when I got her, but now I'm worried she's old or something because she won't flare. Sorry, IK, I usually know loads about stuff like this, but these are just a few things I don't know much about! :D
Pics are in my album, if ya wanna see her. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #2 
Luimeril

some females drop the eggs, some just reabsorb them. it won't really dirty the tank, since she'll probably eat them all up, but a quick vaccuming'll fix that right up, if you have one.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

I do not have a gravel vac, I am trying to save up for one though! :) Also want a 2 gallon tank with a filter and heater for Bertie, which will mean more fake plants. An ever growing wish list, lol. :) Hope she eats them when they finally drop.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote