Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #1 
Abby

Parents of human kids :)

ok so i may be baby sitting my niece tomorrow shes almost three i dont get to see her a lot. at first it was just a babysitting for a few hrs but her mother (my brothers ex) asked if i wanted her over night.

ok so what i need is a list of things i can do with her. I will be in town tomorrow for a while while were there we can hit the park for a while but my bfs dad sleeps through the day (night worker) so i would need ways to keep her quiet.

Tomorrow in town ill pick up basics like colouring in books and pencils, maybe a doll or something, and ill get her mother to bring some toys, might even hire her a dvd or something but any other ideas are welcome :)
And i should stop in the thrift stores and see if i cant collect a few second hand books for her WHILE LOOKING FOR a glass lantern for my spawn tank when i get to that stage ya never know what u can find there ;)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #2 
Abby

some things so far:
Art (drawing)
let her pick a few cheap toys at a dollar store
maybe take her to the library and look at books there
maybe hire dvds from said library (and books too)

theres parks in town and a kids park down the road

maybe pick up a cupcake mix and make cupcakes

any more ideas?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

It soundsd like you have it covered. lol I think you've got some great ideas for keeping her entertained. I bet she'll really like making cupcakes. She'll have fun decorating them. Or you can bake cookies. That's very sweet of you to have all of these fun things planned for her to do.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #4 
SaylorKennedy

Lol, I'll be over too. :P

You sound like you have everything she could need. Movies, books, coloring stuff. Sounds fun. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #5 
Abby

Her moms been through a lot of drama with my brother having very little time for my niece and so she moved away from u before xmas and now shes moving back in a few months but is here visiting for a few days, i think she would appreciate the help and the day off.

I need to ok having her over night with my bfs dad (the joys of living with someone else) but he should be ok as long as i keep her quiet. (he works nights and sleeps days)

so hopefully i get to spend some time with her, she is easy pleased at the farm because its horse this horse that and i ended up saddling my gelding and letting her plod around (i walked at the horses head and kept a hand on her leg) and she had a BLAST!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #6 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylorkennedy View Post
lol, i'll be over too. :p

you sound like you have everything she could need. Movies, books, coloring stuff. Sounds fun. :)

lmao!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #7 
SaylorKennedy

Definitely if there is cupcakes involved!

Ah. The horse thing is just a bonus then.
Kids are generally easy to entertain when they're not yours. :P
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #8 
Abby

LOL cause ur different to mom and dad lol and they can be spoilt
Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #9 
vilmarisv

You're going to have a blast! How awesome that you get to have her overnight.
I have twin nieces close to the age of your niece and, fortunately, I get to spend a lot of time with them because they live just a few minutes from me.
Their favorite movies at the moment (to our horror) are "Alvin and the Chimpmuncks", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Despicable Me", and the latest of the Tinkerbell movies.
They love drawing and playing dressup with mommy's shoes.
They like playing with bubbles, playdough, and running in the yard.
I definitely spoil them and let them do anything they want while I'm watching them... mom and dad don't have to find out LOL!
I'm sure you'll both have a great time together, enjoy!!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #10 
Abby

well my brother her father, rang me and abused me and said NO i was NOT having her. i rang her mother and sorted it out. my brother also threatened to kick my bfs head in and bash me.
I will have my niece from 8:15 in the morning, if my brother turns up the doors will be locked and the police called. His threats are grounds for an AVO from the police. heck ill turn the dog loose if i have too.
i wont have him here, hes back into marajuiana and hes of course denying it to my nieces mother but i reckon more then that happens