Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #1 
tfranc

Question 2 raised scales in a single small color spot

is this something I should worry about?

My boy has a really weird raised spot, it was first the only colored spot he had when I brought him home, but thats because he had lost all of his color at the pet store, now he is looking beautiful, but he has this one spot that doesnt look very good, if anyone has any idea of what it is I would really appreciate it.

The spot is located really close to the end of his body, and when i took the picture his tail had a little piece curling right by the spot that is raised.

Thanks
Attached Images

tfranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #2 
sundstrom

just wingen it here

Did he get hurt? what kind of plants do you have? My betta fish sometimes run into there plastic plants and cut there fins. Maybe yours ran into something and cut his side it doesnt look like a wound. So maybe put some bettafix or something in his tank so it will heal or go away.
sundstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #3 
tfranc

im not sure, he had that really deep color at first after a few days here at home, then he started changing colors which was great, it meant he was doing good, but today I noticed that the spot had extruded outwards. He has no plants yet in his house, just his little barrels for hiding in, but I doubt its a wound, theres no blood or flesh showing, so Im really not sure. he shares a 10g with 3 other bettas, all separated though.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #4 
KayDowson

a scar maybe?
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #5 
tfranc

i have not thought of that, could it just recently be showing up though after there was nothing but a really brightly blue spot there?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #6 
KayDowson

might have been that u didnt notice it but if ur sure it wasnt there then my guess would be parasite or he scraped himself on something
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #7 
tfranc

Unhappy

I just checked him today, and the spot is getting bigger outwards, Im not sure where he could have scraped himself, I took a few more photos today, If anyone can tell me, I would greatly apreciate it, I also added some salt in their 10 g tank, but didnt seem to help...
Attached Images