Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #11 
ShortSwimmer

Welcome to BettaFish. :) I'm glad that Gus is healthy and I hope he stays that way. If ever you have questions, everyone here is incredibly kind, friendly and ready to answer any and all inquiries.

It's great that you're getting a betta again after so long. I'm much the same way. I can't even remember the last time I had a betta (besides Ahoti and poor Nameless) - perhaps four or five years? Nevertheless, congrats on rediscovering why bettas are so fantastic. :)

Also, I agree with YoshesMom - pictures would be much appreciated.
ShortSwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #12 
GeorgiaPeach

I love the name. Where did you come up with it? The picture of him is priceless.
GeorgiaPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #13 
Waylander

As dorky as this is going to sound I chose the name because he just looked like a Gus. Cinderella's chubby little mouse popped into my head upon seeing him and it just stuck lol. It also kind of makes sense with what was said previously about him being a grumpy Gus ha. I'll be posting more pictures of him tomorrow! I'm away from home right now so I can't yet

Oh and as for the picture I have as my avatar! He was swimming around all calm and docile when I was snapping shots, I had to of snapped about thirty turd shots before he just turned towards me and flared! I couldn't help but laugh out loud! It was like he was saying, "Hey you! Cut that out!"

Last edited by Waylander; 03-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #14 
iheartmybettas

Welcome to the forum! King Gus looks so cute! I have a HM king male too named Sumo. I just love their chunky faces! Sumo is huge at about 3.5 inches long. He is in a 5 gallon like the rest of my fish but I sometimes wonder if I should move him to a 10. Maybe one day but he does seem very happy in a 5 gallon. He lines the outskirts of the tank in a thin bubble nest.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #15 
Waylander

Here a two pics I was able to get today! He always seems to flare when I've spent "Too much time" taking pics! ha!

The first is a little blurry but I have to take these on my phone so I take what I can get! Plus the little booger kept moving! lol
Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #16 
kathstew

D'awwww! He's so cute! Gus is a great name, and I think it really suits him.

Welcome to the forum! Its a great site, and everyone is friendly. :)
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #17 
vaygirl

He's really cute. I love Kings. They have puppy faces. :) I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of him! Bettas are great fish.

My King is also about 3.5 inches long as a full adult. I doubt yours would get bigger then that. I keep him in a 10 gallon and he covers the length of the tank very quickly. You should be fine with what you have for a while though. If he's happy, then no worries. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #18 
Waylander

I'm getting ready to prepare a 6.6 Gallon bookshelf type aquarium for him if needs be! Part of me is hoping he'll get a bit bigger so I have a great reason to add another tank hehe!