Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #1 
dukie1346

Baby Think It Over!

So..haven't been here for quite some time..been really busy lately....Anyway, I just wanted to share what I'm going to be doing the next few days...I will be taking care of a baby...

Okay..so not a real baby, but a fake one...Here's the info:

The Baby Think It Over infant simulator is a lifelike, life-size baby doll with realistic computerized responses, which allows teens to experience some of the demands of infant care.
It is being used by schools and other organizations to help adolescents appreciate the responsibilities involved with parenthood.
After spending a couple of days and nights with the Baby Think It Over infant simulator, many teens come to realize that they are not yet ready to take on the pressures and responsibilities of parenting.

So..I'm getting one of these tomorrow for future parenting class and will have it until Wednesday. I'll post more info about my baby and maybe some pictures when I get it tomorrow :P

I'm hoping to get a girl, and name it Adrianne..but that's because I really don't have a boy name picked out yet...lol so yeah, this is going to be an interesting few days...
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, that sounds like quite an assignment. I'm sure it will be a real learning experience.Do you get to feed it and change poopy diapers? lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #3 
BettaHeart

DQ lol ... i really like this program and really believe that it does make a big difference
in early pregnancy and infant care. Since i was a young girl i always had to help care for my sisters and cousins when they were babies so i understood at an early age how hard it was to have a baby. I am happy they implemented this kind of program in some schools. I applaud you for taking on the experience
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

I'm glad they have these programs in schools. I hope you have a wonderful experience!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #5 
Emmalea

I remember getting one in high school, it was good times even though the "father" didn't really help much.

I hope you have fun!
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #6 
TheCrysCat

Oh, we have those at my school! A couple of my friends got them. It was fun times, watching a bunch of girls running around with baby carriers XD The only bizarre thing that happened during that time was hearing someone's baby crying through the walls of my English classroom, because they're not supposed to go off during the school day unless they're being mishandled 0__o
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #7 
LolaQuigs

In high school we had a class called women's health where students would have to take the fake babies for three days. I chose not to take the class specifically because of those babies! Not surprisingly, now that I'm an adult, I have no desire to have kids! :p

CrysCat, you're lucky yours never went off in school hours, ours did. It was so obnoxious hearing that cry everywhere!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #8 
SaylorKennedy

Yeah, they had 6 of them at my school. You had to take them twice throughout the class, once for 3 days during the week and then you had to take them for a weekend.

The ones that they had here you had to wear this bracelet at all times that had a button shape on it and when the baby needed something (feeding, changing diaper, rocking, etc) you had to push it into the babies back so it could see your response time and then proceed to change it or whatever you needed to do. It also kept track if you held the head correctly or not. Some people didn't support the neck enough and their babies would go nuts crying.

I thought it seemed pretty realistic. Everything was sensored so you actually had to use different diapers each time and you have to change their clothes at least twice a day.

During school though the babies would go to "daycare" so they weren't really lugged around school too much. You were also give a couple hours worth of babysitting where you could have someone watch the baby if you really had something you needed to do.

Idk why I wrote so much about this. Too tired. 8|
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #9 
vaygirl

You guys are spoiled! We got raw eggs. We made bassinet baskets for them and painted lil faces on em. We had to keep them safe for a week while carrying them around school and home. And no, you couldn't cheat and replace the egg. The teacher stamped them on the bottom.

It sounds really neat though. I was a nanny for a lot of years and I worked the infant room in daycare. Babies are a LOT of work. It sounds like a great program.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #10 
YoshesMom

vaygirl your showing your age LMAO oh lordy I do remember the eggs those after a week them things got to stinkin! I was 11 when my nephew was born and then right after that my mom opened an inhome daycare and shes had one ever since! ive lived in a daycare more then half my life and THATS why I dont have kids! volenteer your preteens/teens to work in a daycare for a week its a good experiance
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote