Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #1 
baylee767

Thumbs down How rude!

On youtube I saw a care video where someone was saying that they fed their Betta raw beef and was recommending it to people. I politely explained that Bettas can't properly digest meat, and pellets specifically designed for them and frozen fish foods were best to be chosen. I felt sorry for the poor Betta, he may have been in a 10 gallon tank, but he looked nearly dead just sitting in a corner being extremely bloated with fin rot.

Well, the person who made this video just replied to my comment.

< censured > PLEASE.
this fish is alive and healthy thank ya vereh much. he was getting sick on flakes so i fed him meat. blood worms are sold especially for betas so....suck my < censured > :) have a good one

I feel sorry for this persons Betta, but really if they're going to respond like this and ignore advice on proper care why post a Betta care video? Just shows you can't trust anyone on the internet...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #2 
Sweeda88

That's sad. I hate people who have pets but won't listen to advice to help them be happier or healthier.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #3 
hannah16

That is really sad... Especially since he or she didn't have to act like that. He or she could of said something like "Thanks for the advice, but he was getting sick on flakes. So even though I'm greatful you care, he's doing well on what I'm giving him." Something that wasn't so rude </3...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #4 
Tisia

wow, his argument makes no sense at all. I'm pretty sure blood worms are insect larvae, which they would be eating in the wild, can't imagine a betta being able to take down a cow O_o
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #5 
Corpse

Most of the people on Youtube that I've met are rude and I don't think that they deserve to be on the site if they can't be mature. This person didn't have any right to attack you for simply giving advice. Did you let the person know that he/she is being rude and had no right to snap over your suggestion? This person is probably an immature brat who doesn't deserve to own an animal if he/she isn't willing to take suggestions from someone who is most likely more educated when it comes to animals. Don't take this behavior personally because some people don't have people skills.
Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #6 
Waylander

That's just wrong, YouTube is a breeding ground for ignorance, there are videos (or were) of people pitting their Bettas against one another like Pit Bulls. It makes me sick!
Waylander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

Well.. you can feed bettas raw meat but only as a very special treat. Beef and chicken really are too tough for them to eat all the time. Beef heart can be fed although as can raw fish and shrimp.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #8 
tsoto80

I remeber awhile ago someone made a thread about "weird" things they fed their bettas. Most listed shrimp, fish, and chicken. I always wondered about raw beef though. I fed mine once a very small piece of tuna (from the can). They liked it but it made the water very messy.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #9 
baylee767

Yeah, I'm sure it's okay if you use it as a treat very rarely and you have it prepared right, but this person was just pulling little pieces of beef right out of the freezer and feeding it daily )=

Dumb youtube trolls. >.<
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #10 
Luimeril

youtube is full of dummies and trolls. i make it a point to go on there and educate people, and rarely do i find rude people anymore. most people actually thank me for the advice, then message me their updated videos. most take my advice and upgrade their bettas and are happy to see how much happier their little friend is. i had a guy yesterday give me a shout-out when i told him Cory Cats like groups, rather than being alone, and asked me advice on stocking his 20 gallon with betta-friendly fish.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote