Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #11 
FireKidomaru

I love having my fish all around me...your right it is very relaxing :) whenever im angry or upset I just stare at my bettas and they make me feel alright...bettas also love to listen to your problems :) if I ever have something to tell...I tell them :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #12 
Waylander

Gus has so much personality I catch myself talking to him and half the time I think he even understands! The other half I would wager he wishes I would just let him be lol. Three times now he's flared at me while snapping some shots!
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #13 
Waylander

BTW! Thank you for pointing me to some of the spawning threads!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #14 
SillyFinn

I absolutely agree that they are relaxing. It's actually the reason I got back into fish keeping! I missed the hum of the filter and watching them swim around the tank with nothing to worry about.

And I love your Bettas name. Another art lover! :)
SillyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #15 
kathstew

Before I got my bettas, I had wanted fish for a longgg time, but I was too busy with school and being sick. Whenever I went to the petstore I would be drawn to the fish section, and would spend forever looking at all the fish.

I finally got my bettas, and love them so much! They have greatly reduced stress (although one causes me a lot of stress - Drama Queen LOL). I really enjoy watching them swim, flare, build bubble nests. I even find cleaning their tanks very relaxing. My mom thinks I'm crazy XD

I think any kind of pet can be very relaxing and therapeutic.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #16 
Vocaloid

I've always thought that aquariums were relaxing. At night I find it hard to fall asleep so I spend some time talking to Luka and it ends up relaxing me enough to fall asleep. I didn't intend to own a fish for relaxing, but it just ended up that way and I'm glad that it did. I don't have to talk to Luka in order to relax but it seems more proper for me to talk to her when she's against the glass as if she's trying to ask me what the problem is.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #17 
Waylander

Since finding Gus I can't help but think that the relationship he and I share is special. He's the strangest fish I've ever encountered in a sense that he could be lounging on one of his plants when I walk into the room, I sit down in front of his tank and just watch, he shakes himself awake and comes to the glass where I'm at and he either flares or hovers in front of me for a moment. It makes me feel like he knows I'm around and that he "cares"? I catch myself having conversations with my little guy! To be honest... Gus is like a little therapist for me in ways, he mellows me out
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #18 
Vocaloid

When I first saw Luka in that tiny cup at Meijers I could see the sorrow in her eyes and I saw a potential that nobody else did. I knew that my sight was comforting to her and at that moment I knew that I had a responsibility to save her and protect her from harm. In a way I think that she's trying to repay me for saving her from a horrible fate, but I don't want to be thanked for my good deeds I just want them to be payed forward.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #19 
tokala

You bet! I keep one on the table where I do my homework and I swear he lowers my blood pressure.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #20 
SmokeNLark

I totally agree that they are stress relievers. I'm in college and live in an apartment and fish are the only pets I can have without paying extra. I grew up with many animals and couldn't live without any. I started with 3 when I got back into them from childhood and now have 7 along with some platies! They're relaxing and fun. I could watch my tanks for hours on end.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote