Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #11 
Niki801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
I would try Epsom salt 1tsp/gal along with 100% daily water changes for 2 days and on day 3 increase Epsom salt 2tsp/gal along with 100% daily water changes for 7 more days totally 10 days....it almost looks like a tumor and if it is.....not a lot you can do.....
Yeah, i guess you are right..... Really sorry for him. Thanks for your advice. I will try my best to provide a clean and healthy environment for him from now.
Niki801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #12 
roadrunner

Let's hope it's not a tumor, only he is really bloated. Do not feed him for few days. I had similiar problems when I was feeding bettas with too many blood worms. You should try to get daphnia. It works as a laxative and should help you fish poop (if it is constipation).
If it is something else, you can only keep his water clean and warm to make him comfortable.
I have also noticed you add salt in the water with each change. Please note, longterm salt use is not recommended, only for treatmens.

Last edited by roadrunner; 03-31-2011 at 10:21 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #13 
Niki801

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Let's hope it's not a tumor, only he is really bloated. Do not feed him for few days. I had similiar problems when I was feeding bettas with too many blood worms. You should try to get daphnia. It works as a laxative and should help you fish poop (if it is constipation).
If it is something else, you can only keep his water clean and warm to make him comfortable.
I have also noticed you add salt in the water with each change. Please note, longterm salt use is not recommended, only for treatmens.
Thank you for your advise. I will try to get daphnia.... I don't think i have over feed him but could been constipation. Is there any other good way to get him poops ? Like i heard about green beans might work but easily get water condition down.
Niki801 is offline   Reply With Quote