Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #11 
Vocaloid

Well, it seems like I've adopted a baby betta from Petco. It's a female crowntail and she's the cutest thing I've seen in a while. I've decided to name her Miku after my second favorite vocaloid. Luka is in a seperate tank and Miku has a 1 gallon to herself which is way better than the filthy cup she was in. I'm disappointed with Petco this visit due to the fact that most of the betta cups had filth in them. When I was at the register I asked the clerk if he could get someone to tend to them and he said that he would. Perhaps they were short on people today, so I didn't freak out. Petco is usually very good at caring for their fish. Thanks to my visit a baby betta was rescued and has a chance to live in a much better world. Welcome home Miku!
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #12 
Littlebittyfish

Welcome to the forum!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, how sweet! LOL. How nice of you to save a lil girl! Hope to see pics soon! :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #14 
Arashi Takamine

Great job not only saving l'il Miku but also telling the clerk about the conditions of the animals. Some petstores really are a painful place to walk into because of bad betta care.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #15 
Johnificent

yay! a new betta! pictures picture pictures! :) hahaha
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #16 
kathstew

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is super friendly and nice!
PICTURES. GET SOME PICTURES. LOL. :P We all loveeee pictures.
Good job saving both of the little girls! I bet they are both very grateful.
I love their names, although I have to admit I've never heard of vocaloid before. I will definitely look them up though!
Welcome again, and congrats on getting your bettas! Be prepared to be getting more! Its very addicting! XD
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #17 
Vocaloid

I've been trying to get good pictures, but they both hate them and keep swimming away from the camera and behind their decorations. I should buy a photo tank and leave it bare so that there's nowhere to hide. Would that stress them out too much? You should've seen the stress stripes on poor little Miku. They covered her whole body. Now those are being replaced by a beautiful blue. I went back to Petco and they cleaned out the fish just like I had requested. I'm glad that they're willing to listen to what the customers have to offer. Sometimes stores miss out on some great wisdom because they don't want to listen to what others have to say, but I'm glad that our local Petco is understanding and willing to take in some wisdom.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote