Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Good fishy day

Overall, I had a good fishy day today! A bit bored, so I figured I'd share it with you. :)
This morning I was cleaning Butterfly's vase, and it shattered all over! Didn't realize until after, but some glass had cute my leg and I was bleeding! Eek! So Butterfly upgraded to his ole bare 1.5 gallon tetra tank, no filter. Just a silk plant, poor baby! I felt bad, but the glass was really thin and it wasn't meant for a fish tank anyway.
Went to petsmart. Most of the VT's had fin rot, poor things! The girls were cute though, just lethargic. There was a tiny baby VT girl, a light blue/green with bad stress stripes. She watched me from the back, and her face was adorable. I moved her to the very front, hoping she'd get a home. Then I looked at the few CT's they had, one of them I thought was alive at first... he had baaaaad dropsy, bad pineconing in his scales and his stomach was badly bloated. Turns out he was already gone, it was sad. My dad was awesome today, buying my filter cartridges for me, yay!
Went home and told Loony Luna Lovegood about her cousin in the store, and then played follow the finger. Interesting day. :) Haha!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

Aww, that female sounds cute. :) I saw a little red female at Petco the other day and almost caved. :P Some of them just have the sweetest little faces...
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

That female was adorable! :) Loved her, hope someone takes her home! I know, their faces just always get me. Well, girl's faces! The boys colors and fins get me! :D Haha.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

Aw, I don't know, it was Robert's face that got me in the end.... his little white lipstick... he's just so darned cute. ;u;

I do rather want to get a girl, though. Some of the tiny ones are just.... AWH.

How's Butterfly doing, by the way?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Haha, Robert's face is tooooooo adorable! His lipstick is adorable! I will enable you to get a girl, I never owned a girl before Luna but now she's my favoritest betta! Haha. :)
Awww, how kind of you to ask! He's doing very well! :) Healing so well. I had a clutzy moment today and broke his vase today, cut my leg! So now Butt (lol) is in a 1.5 gallon tank, barebottom with just 1 silk plant. :) But it's an upgrade from his vase, so he shouldn't be complaining! :P
Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #6 
FuulieQ

Thanks! I just took new pictures of him, I'll be posting them in a second. Heh heh. I need to get a life.

Oh yeah, at least he wasn't in the vase when it broke! Or was he? I would have panicked!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Aww, yay! Pics! I will look in a moment. :D
Butterfly wasn't in the vase, he was in a cup off to the side just chillen. I had filled the vase up and carried maybe to feet over to the counter, but it slipped from my hand and the base shattered. Like, the glass round bit on the bottom. But it was still standing by itself! I swept everything I could find off the counter and floor, and took the gravel out of the vase and put it in a half gallon and took out the plant. Threw the vase away, and then dug out and cleaned his 1.5 gallon tank. Didn't put the gravel in, no room! Haha. It was scary, and my leg was stinging when I was done, and I looked down and I had a cut about 3 inches wide but not very deep... but blood was dripping down my leg, eek! Took a first aid class a few months ago, so it was pretty easy to fix. ;)
Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #8 
FuulieQ

Woah, that's a big gash! @_@ Eesh!

Well it's a good thing you put him in the cup for water changes. That's a smart move. I think I remember hearing about a person who dropped a glass bowl with a betta in it -- poor thing barely survived. :c
Old 03-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Haha, it's under control now! Had to use an acohol wipe though, it stung so bad! Thank goodness for band-aids. :)
I always keep my bettas in cups for their water changes, because I can float them in it and it's nice because I can see what they are doing. I used to put them in bowls, but it was hard to acclimate right!
Wow, so sad! I remember I had a little blue male betta named Penny when I was... 7? But I had him for 6 months or so, and came home one day to find him on the floor. I started crying immediately, but my mom came in and instead of flushing him right away, she put him back in his bowl. He jerked back to life! He only survived a few more days, I think he had fuzz in his gills, so sad, but... it's amazing what these fish can go through!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #10 
FuulieQ

:C That's so sad!!!

I remember my first betta, we kept him in a vase and he was supposed to eat roots. :/ Poor thing. He lasted a long time, though, and I gave him a good funeral. I was convinced he was female, though. :P