Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #11 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
I have adjustable 25 and 50 watt Marineland Stealths, and have never had a problem. I also have a 100 watt that I haven't used yet (still nowhere near setting up my 30 gal), but that's the one I'm worried about since it's one of the sizes actually being recalled.
what size of tank do you use the 25 watter on ?
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #12 
LolaQuigs

I use the 25 watts in my 2.5 gallon tanks.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #13 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
I use the 25 watts in my 2.5 gallon tanks.
hmmm, ok.
I am hoping to use it in my 1 gallon (pushing it i know..) and in my 2 gallon.
eeep i hope it works out. i did e-mail the supplier and asked is if it was possible to switch for a different brand called Ebo-Jager but it maybe too late.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #14 
peachesxo

mk, well, the supplier was able to make the switch to the Ebo-Jager heaters, so, does anyone on here have that in the 25W? =)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #15 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
mk, well, the supplier was able to make the switch to the Ebo-Jager heaters, so, does anyone on here have that in the 25W? =)
No, but I do have a couple in the 50w size. They are approx. 10 years old and still going strong!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #16 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
No, but I do have a couple in the 50w size. They are approx. 10 years old and still going strong!!!
Ah great. I did a little research (ie. 5 minutes) before e-mailing him about the swap, I had never heard of that brand before but thought 1) It's German so it must be made well and 2)the reviews i read for it were good, and even so, its probably better than getting a heater from a line that was just re-called for BLOWING UP TANKS

so 10 years, that makes me happy happy happy
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #17 
ilovebunnies

I have the 50 watt Marineland stealth in a 2.5 and haven't had any problems with it. It keeps the temperature at 78*. I also have the 10 watt pre set marineland heater, it works great for 1- 1.5 gallon tanks but wasn't keeping a good temperature on the 2.5 gallon.

I think part of the problem with the marineland heaters is that the company says you can do water changes with the heater still plugged in. I would never risk it, I always unplug the heater and filter while doing water changes and turn them back on when the tank has water in it. The heaters are suppose to be designed to shut off themselves if the water level drops too much. So some people think it's safe to leave them plugged in while doing water changes. I would never risk it with any heater.

If you are curious about the Marineland Stealth heater problems you can click here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...ro-heater.html.

If I were buying a heater again, I wouldn't go back to Marineland's products. I think they mishandled the situation and made it difficult for their customers. I don't like to support companies with poor customer service.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #18 
PewPewPew

In 3 and under tanks, these heaters at 10-25w can shoot up the temp, especially if the water is stagnant/there is no current.

A 10w heats my 5 gallon to 84' when it so feels fit (in a hot room, mind you), so theyre pretty strong.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #19 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebunnies View Post
If you are curious about the Marineland Stealth heater problems you can click here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...ro-heater.html.

If I were buying a heater again, I wouldn't go back to Marineland's products. I think they mishandled the situation and made it difficult for their customers. I don't like to support companies with poor customer service.
So glad the supplier was able to change my order after reading the comments in that thread, aaah!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 AM   #20 
PewPewPew

This is also only for the 100w+ ones....
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote