Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #21 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
This is also only for the 100w+ ones....
I know they only recalled the 100W+ ones, but it is still the exact same line of heater which still made me not want it anymore lol
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 AM   #22 
ilovebunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
So glad the supplier was able to change my order after reading the comments in that thread, aaah!!!!!!
I know what you mean. Those stories sounded so awful.

I hope I don't run into any issues with the two I have. You'll have to let me know how your heater works out for you. Maybe I'll get a different heater once I have money.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #23 
kfish

!!! Wow... I have a 50W in my 10 gallon, which I'm not so worried about. But I think the one I put in my mom's 25 gallon is a 100 W Stealth Pro... I can't remember if I got the 75 or 100. I know I was trying to decide between the two, and I think I went for the bigger one because it was only a dollar more.

My boyfriend is going to check tonight when he gets back from work, as I'm away at college. I am tempted to get Marineland to replace the 50W as well. I know I can just take the 100W back to Petsmart (although I bought it at Petco... I doubt it matters) because Petsmart put out a letter about it.

I had heard only great things about these heaters... Apparently I missed this. I like the Marinelands WAY MORE than my Hydor Theo, which lets the temperature fluctuate when my room temperature drops. I have to turn the heat up past 82 if the room goes below 72 degrees. But the Marinelands hold the temperature completely steady.

:\
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #24 
peachesxo

I have the 3 Ebo-Jager 25W heaters on their way for delivery today so I will be able to let you know how it goes by tonight hopefully.
I hope they work out for my little 1 gal tanks >_<
Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #25 
peachesxo

sigh.
so there is no way i am going to be able to safely fit these heater into the girls tanks.. one will barely fit in the 2 gallon and im not going to risk turning it on, on the website it said it was for UP to 7 gallons but didnt mention a minimum but on the actual box/instructions i recieved it said the minimum is like 4gal, so there is no way they will fit in the 1 gallons and im not even going to risk it in the 2.....

waste of $100 =(

according to the thermometors that i got with the order too their bowls are at 78 without a heater and spring has barely started.... so i guess i didn't reaallly need them in the first place at all...

Sigh.
Anyways.
I am going to go to petsmart tomorrow and see if I can find something that is 5 or 6 gallons that doesn't cost a whole lot to upgrade them to so that i can put the heaters to some sort of use...

i want more bettas as well so i guess these 3 extra heaters is an excuse to get them and new tanks lollll
but sigh.
sigh sigh sigh.

i am not sure what i am going to do now. try to clean up my apartment and figure out what is going to go where i guess.
tro-lo-lo-lo

too bad, my plan failed.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #26 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

peachesxo,

How about some critter keepers (come with lids) or plastic tubs for the additional tanks?

I have the Marineland Stealth 100W Heater in my 20H... unplug it everytime I do water changes. I'm going to the Marineland website to see if I can get more info on serial numbers effected and such. My heater has worked really well so far and has been right on the money, temperture-wise, so I'm disappointed to hear about this problem.

I checked out the link someone posted on page two (Sorry, like 'Dori' from Finding Nemo, I suffer from short-term memory loss) that went to a forum - and a claim that a 75 gallon tank exploded because of the heater.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm": I did not see any close up pictures of the heater (The first picture showing the damaged tank, the heater is shown in position; doesn't appear to look damaged).

Also, he says the one large fish that was the resident of the tank survived the explosion.

Call me a skeptic, but I'm not convinced the heater did the damage claimed. I'd have to see more evidence... forensics, forensics...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #27 
kfish

Page three of that thread has some pictures of the heater and the tank. A few other people also stepped up and said that their tanks exploded.

The heater is only in position in the last picture on the first page (in the other two, he's detached it and moved it to the side - you can see the empty clip stuck to the glass). You can see the very beginning of the insides of the heater before it's hidden by the crack in the glass.

If you compare the last picture, which is hard to see, with the pictures on page 3 of the heater, you can make out the coil and insulation.

Either way, though, many people have said theirs have cracked, releasing copper and current into their tanks and killing fish. It's scary! I think the only reason his fish survived is the contaminated water rushing out through the hole.

Last edited by kfish; 03-31-2011 at 08:38 PM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #28 
peachesxo

oh, the heaters i have are not the stealth... those are the ones i had originally ordered but i got the supplier to switch them because i heard about the defects right afterwards.

my point is the 3 i have will not work for my little tanks.
shmehhhh, the temp is 78 without them though so they will be finne.

looks like im getting more tanks n bettas to use those heaters for tho lol
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #29 
peachesxo

and i find plastic anything ugly =(

gotta be glass, lol