Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1 
Macky3

Choices Help Please

Alright..So I have some questions and I am going to include my future plans and I would like some peoples inputs so that I can make it better. So let me start off here.

I am a sophmore in High School and obviously I love my fishies :) . I will soon hopefully be becoming a member of the IBC and possibly get a breeding pair from them if my parents will allow it..They dont really like the idea of betta's shipped in the mail. But, I am interested in breeding betta's and maybe another fish but I dont know what and I dont know If I have the room. So here are my plans.

I have a reinforced bookcase that fits TopFin 10 gallons nicely but nothing bigger. I also have a bureau with a 10 gallon sorority, a 5 gallon on another bookcase with an old Gourami in it and 3 1 gallon containers.. The bookcase has 1 10 gallon tank at the moment but it can hold a total of 4. My male tanks will either be divided 3 or 4 ways...what do you all think is better..?

So I will have 2 10 gallon tanks divided 3 or 4 ways with male betta's and maybe another 10 gallon with another sorority of about 7 females. I also have room for 3 or 4 more in my other sorority. When my gourami dies, which I believe will be soon because I have had her for a while, I was thinking about either using that as the other fish types tank or breeding/brooding tank. But I am having trouble picking which type. I really like the livebearers but I am afraid of the gallon to fish ratio. I was thinking about either a type of guppy or Molly but will that 5 and maybe a 10 be enough for them..and how many would fit?

Also, I have no chance of getting betta's on Aquabid..But do ya'll totally shun the idea of breeding pet store betta's?

I think this is enough for now but I may add some more after I get more responses..Thank you
Macky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #2 
Macky3

Im Bumping this up the thread list...Still need some help..Someone please respond
Macky3 is offline   Reply With Quote