Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #1 
gmd1800

Excited! I feel smart!

I know it's silly, but today my friend messaged me on Facebook telling me that he was getting a betta this weekend and asking me what he needed to do to make sure the fish survived.

I got really excited and sent back a really long message about what he needed to do, and what products I used. He has a 1.5 gallon vase set up, and I asked him to make sure that everything in it was perfectly smooth and had nothing a betta could snag its fins on. I talked about the food, plants, heaters and thermometers, water changes, gravel vacs, and little caves (and more!). I think I scared him a little, but I did convince him not to get a snail since I feel that the tank isn't big enough for a tankmate. When he commented, "bettas are pretty but stupid" in response to the fact that bettas don't get along well in smaller spaces, I explained a bit about their history and why they have to be kept apart from other fish with the exception of sorority and community tanks.

I REALLY hope he can take care of the fish well! I'm really excited that he's getting into the hobby - he was always commenting on pictures that I posted of my fish.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Yaye! Another soon-to-be betta addict!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #3 
Vocaloid

You should convince him to join this site and meet all of us. He'll find a ton of answers to any questions he may have and he'll meet other people who are interested in bettas.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #4 
gmd1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlakatFighter View Post
Maybe he likes you and wanted to get into betta's just so he can share a common interest with you. Pretty sneaky guy.
Not likely. He bats for the other team, if you know what I mean. Very nice guy, though. I was in the same kindergarten class with him. So that's... thirteen or fourteen years that I've known him.

I'll definitely recommend this site to him, I think you guys can help him a lot more than me on some topics (i.e. betta diseases).
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #5 
GeorgiaPeach

Everyone is very helpful and nice on this site. If he has any questions this is where he should go!
GeorgiaPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #6 
Waylander

Yes indeedy! Although I'll have to say after reading all of this handy info I'm becoming a bit of a Betta Disease Hypochondriac! lol
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote