Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #71 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzbettafish View Post
i just have to say that if it wasn't for this site, and huge kudos out to pewpewpew, i would be at a loss on how to provide the best care for my betta. Until i stumbled upon this site i had no idea there were so many differnet things that were important to the care of these little guys. It is too bad there has to be someone that is sooo bored to make comments as these, in addition to thinking it is funny to confuse the newbies! I'm definitly not a kid But i really appreciate what i have learned on here and the time pewpewpew has taken to answer all of my questions. I think this is a great opportunity for the kids to come on here and get educated on caring for their pet. They need to see the commitment it takes to care for a pet, whatever pet it is. It is an incredible learning environment and i hate to see the post that want to undermine what these truly caring, smart petlovers are doing.
thanks to all of you that are commited to helping newbies like me :-d.
i love it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
x3 <3 <3 <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #72 
LolaQuigs

He's so pretty, I love the iridescent/turquoise color!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #73 
RillC

I know, that was what drew my attention to him. I've been looking at bettas at pet stores for years, but I had never seen one with such an amazing combination of colors. Add in that he's a crowntail with such well formed fins and I just couldn't pass him by. He's having a fast today and tomorrow I'm going to try him on small pellets to see which he likes best.
RillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #74 
Arashi Takamine

He's gorgeous! Without the flash he looks so mysterious but with flash you can see just how many hidden colors he has. Such a beautiful red wash! (He reminds me a little of my own CT.)

Congrats on finding such a nice CT with amazing double rays. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's a really lucky find! It's hard to find CT's around where I live with double rays.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #75 
RillC

I definitely think I'm lucky to have him. I gave him a little flake this morning since his fast was yesterday and tried him with the pellets this evening. I think I'm extra lucky about feeding him. Ramesses is only picky about the size of his food. He loves both pellets and flakes, but will not eat something above a certain size. The smaller pellets and flakes get inhaled.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #76 
LolaQuigs

Glad to hear he's adjusting well!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #77 
RillC

My friend gave me a few freeze dried bloodworms today, so I gave Ramesses one today. It vanished in one gulp so he definitely likes them too. I just want to make sure I'm giving him enough food. He's getting about 3 pellets once a day and I try to keep feeding time around 2-3 hours before the water change to give his stomach time to settle before I have to move him. Today was one bloodworm and 2 pellets. Is that enough or should I give him one more pellet? He's always pretty active, even right after the water change. I've definitely got into a routine with him since I brought him home last week.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #78 
turtle10

I would do three pellets, and make sure the bloodworms are only a weekly or bi weekly treat.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #79 
RillC

The bloodworms were planned for once a week. I've been reading how they're only a treat. I will give him the extra pellet. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #80 
turtle10

No problem.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote