Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #1 
CrowntailxKing

If it's not one thing, it's another

So last night during feeding time, I thought only one of my females liked the flake food while the others only enjoyed the pellets. Well, the one that likes the flakes was looking kind of small, so I put in a small pinch of food for her while I was fasting the others...bad idea. They all swarmed the small pinch, so I added a few extra pinches here and there so they wouldnt fight each other for whatever food they could get. I guess Didi had some damage done to her, as the area around her gills were looking a little raw. She knew I was watching, so she played up the part of the victim and started having some trouble swimming down and swam sideways a little bit. I put her in a little cup and had it floating in the tank so that all the other girls could wish her to get well soon. She was looking a little bloated and still has some scrapes, but is otherwise fine now. What a little drama queen! Guess who is going on a 2-3 day fast? Didi! (And maybe just my whole sorority, besides Jenny who is looking kind of small...I'll just separate her in her own little cup to feed her)
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote