Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #1 
misamiania

:( Help... please

So my newest guy I got a few days ago isn't doing well... at all! He was fine the first night but then after that he started to go down hill so I kept him in the little half gallon doing water changes. He had a hidey hole and a fake plant. But he just kept getting worse. So now second day I'm asking for help.

At first I thought it was just stress and 'hey he'd make it because Agapito acted similar his first few days'. But he's not he's getting worse.

So now he's in an even smaller container with the water lowered. He's going to get twice daily water changes. Not alot just a little so by the end of the day it'll be 100%. He's just floating up at the top with his nose to the air. He can swim down but then he just kind of floats back up and is at an angle. I'll put pictures up. His water is 78 right now and I lowered the water down alot so it was easier for him to breath. Any ideas? I'll get pictures up in a second
misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 
peachesxo

how much and what are you feeding him.. ?
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #3 
misamiania

He hasn't eaten anything yet. Unfortunatly. But i've offered him Omega One pellets... Betta Min and even tried to see if he'd eat some freeze dried blood worms. He didn't touch anything so I take it all out.

Since he's just floating and such is this low enough or is it too low? I know people say try to put them in low water so it's easier but I don't know exactly how low...

Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #4 
misamiania

Would tanins help him?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #5 
misamiania

So he died.... Which makes me sad... he was too pretty to die! But if he died in not even a full 72 hours of having him there was nothing I could have really done :/
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #6 
Abby

Did you bury him or still have the body mot petstores will do qa refund or exchange on a deceased fish
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #7 
misamiania

Yea. When it first happened I was like 'I'm flushing him give him a old school funeral' and then I went and ate and found the receipt! So I just called them because I don't know if they even have one since it's the only live animal they sell. They do which is awesome. I hope the other ones I were fawning at are there >> If not I'll just buy more plastic plants!!! woho!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #8 
Silverfang

sorry to hear about him. I would go back to the pet store and explain what happened, sounds like he mighta been sick.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #9 
misamiania

I called and they said to go ahead and bring him in.

It's a shame cause he had alot of personality. He was one of those fishes that fought till the end I think.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #10 
Goomba3

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. But I am glad you can get a refund. Hopefully the next betta you get will be healthier.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote