Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 
peachesxo

Do you think I'm insane?

Am I totally insane if I go buy another set up (or two) today so that I can get more bettas?
I am going to PetSmart with a friend once I am done work (I have NEVER been to PetSmart before, WOOOO!) and and, I want more. But I think I am a little insane for doing so... I mean.. I have five.
But, but, AAH! So addicted.

I am setting ONE RULE though.. No more Crowntails! Both my boys are CT's it is time to broaden my horizons.
But yeah!

AAAH!!
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #2 
Tisia

if you are, then like 90%+ of the people on this site are as well, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 
bettafish15

Insane? Pft. No. :P If you have the money and the time, why not! :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #4 
scootshoot

You know what they say, only live once....go for it!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #5 
iheartmybettas

If you are insane then I should be admitted!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #6 
peachesxo

Hehehe. I know I can take of another two =) I could probably take care of another ten if I have the space, lol, plus I have some disposable income right now so going and getting the new set-ups isn't an issue, my ONLY WORRY though is my mom, hahahaa.
I moved out of her house in January and am in my own apartment now and when she comes in there and sees how many more bettas I have accumulated she is going to freak out and start lecturing and rabbling and blah blah blah.
When I got my first aquarium she was all like "Why did you do that, mra mra mra" then I got my second and she told me she thought I was insane and would "regret it because fish are pointless" HAH.
Since the last time she was there I have added another 3 bettas.. so yeah lol
When she comes over and sees like 6 or 7 she is going to freak out.
I don't care though, she just doesn't get it and doesn't like fish, but she'll get over it =)
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #7 
scootshoot

If having betta's is the most your mom is concerned about...she should be happy to know she raised you well!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #8 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
If having betta's is the most your mom is concerned about...she should be happy to know she raised you well!
heh.
i think she thinks that because i had one when i was 6 and got bored of it and had to have her take care of it that that is somehow going to happen now that i am 21 and living on my own... lol or she thinks i will change my mind about having them and decide i dont like the upkeep and that i will have wasted a bunch of money on aquariums/supplies and everything (which isn't going to happen, i keep getting more obsessed with them every day, not less!)

but really, my betta obsession is ALL HER FAULT indirectly, when I moved I was under the impression I would be taking at least one of my cats from her house with me. I specifically got an apartment that allowed pets so I could bring my cat. that was all i wanted, and then, after all of it being planned out, she decides she doesn't want me to bring one of the cats (kind of understandable since her house is huge with a big back yard and mine is just a little 1 bedroom apartment) but yeah.
she wouldn't let me bring my cat... i looked up LFS on the internet, and went and got my first betta..

and that, is how it all began. lol
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #9 
Littlebittyfish

Don't know if you're near a petco..but you might want to check the local petco add if you are. I went in there yesterday and got a whole 10 gallon kit with heater light hood filter and food for 40 dollars! That was a pretty good deal considering the heater alone is 25.00 in store!Now I have room for 1 more betta!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #10 
peachesxo

I don't think we have PetCo's here =(

I want to get two 5 gallons or something i think though because I have 3x 25watt heaters just sitting around from a silly purchase I didn't think enough about first (they didnt work out for the tanks i originally got them for) and I don't have too much room left for tanks but 2x 5's would fit perfect on the sides of Lenymo's 10 gal lol

Hmm hmm hmmm..