Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #21 
Irish Dancing Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
if you are, then like 90%+ of the people on this site are as well, lol
more like 99% lol. Everyone who only has one or two REAALLLY wants more. I only have 2. But i got a 37 gallon for gourami, mollies, and angelfish. I just got it a week ago i need to post pics!!!! My uncles fish were breeding like crazy so he brought me cute little tiny baby fry mollie!
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #22 
Tomsk

I don't think your insane...but.....
..I have 4 tanks running at the moment,a 5th one thats dry at the moment while I strengthen the sideboard its on (and make a bookcase to fit over it)..and have just got a 6th tank that I need to make a stand for after I have the 5th tank finished .

Just one more tank and the wife will be looking for a divorce .

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #23 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Dancing Man View Post
more like 99% lol. Everyone who only has one or two REAALLLY wants more.
lol, yeah, I only have 1 so far, but I'm hoping to get another boy and a girl from pdxbetta (yay for finding a local breeder thanks to this site ^_^) sometime in the near future, and I still can't help myself from looking at every single betta anytime I walk into a pet store, lol. also hoping to someday have a sorority and maybe try breeding, but that'll be farther in the future when I have more space/experience/money
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #24 
YoshesMom

well ive fallen off the deep in since i have 21 in less then a month
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #25 
phoenix91

I say if you have the space, time and money go for it.

As for your mother, if you don't live with her she can't really complain too much. I once "brought home" (well bought really) a horse when I only had a part time job, my mam thought I was nuts. 5 years later & me and my horse are happy as clams and my mams learnt to put up with me occasionally adding animal members to my family.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #26 
peachesxo

eeep!
okay, got the minibow 5!
just finished setting it up! it looks good though i now want to switch the plants around but that will mess up the substrate layer stuff so im not going to.

they only had about 5 bettas at petsmart, the last remaining ones of their shipment. dirty dirty blue water of course.. at first i was a little disappointed and thought i would just get one from my LFS another day where i got my other 2 boys, they always have great selection, and i really wanted a halfmoon this time around
but of course....
after looking at the 5 bettas they did have a little longer i decided to take one of them home instead of going on a hunt for an aquabid rival type elsewhere lol, i kept having thoughts of some 8 year old (think Darla from Finding Nemo) coming and buying him and sentencing him to a horrible life

he's a little yellow/white (not 100% sure because of blue water on his color actually) veil tail and is super cute and i think he will colour up really nicely with some good care

acclimating now.
pics sooon

Last edited by peachesxo; 04-01-2011 at 11:13 PM.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #27 
Dragonlady

Insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results!
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #28 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Insanity is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results!
lol.
yeah.
you're right.
i buy a betta.
i say it's my last one for a long while.
i buy another betta.

LOL

so we are all insane after all
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #29 
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
hehehe, females are so tiny most of the time a gallon seems like a good amount of space for them. i have 2 of my females in 1 gallons and they are both pretty dang happy, and one of them is in a 2 gallon. last night i had a HUGE freak out for like 15 minutes, i could not find Rosalind in her 2 gallon for the life of me, SHE WASN'T ANYWHERE, i looked for literally 15 minutes in her bowl and could not see her, so then i started looking all over the ground, behind the curtain her bowl is near, under the thing its on, everywhere, because i actually thought she had jumped out.
i tapped the glass, nothing.
finally, 15 minutes later, she just swims out of SOMWHERE, still no idea where she was, all funny faced like i had totally disturbed her peace. lol
I had the same thing happen the other day and it scared the crap out of me. I thought for sure Harley had abandoned ship. After searching he eventually appeared out of nowhere and looked at me like I was crazy.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #30 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
No, you are not insane. Insane is what happens when you don't have space/room for...more...fish...tanks. You actually get to the point of Coveting Thy Neighbors...Fish/Tanks.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote