Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #1 
denaliwind

Meet Duck ^^ (Pic heavy)

Duck finally arrived yesterday from Thailand. He took my nervous, anxious expectations and threw them out the window and into the neighbor's yard. :P
He's adjustment has been so perfect, it's like he's been around forever. With the exception, that he seriously looks like he's taking it all in, making an effort to learn the routine and understand his new world. He's so cute. x3

Anyway, this morning, for breakfast I fed all the fishies frozen bloodworms, I figured that was a food he was most familar with he gobbled them all up. :D

Since Duck's arrival, there's been a divider between his tank and Salsa's, I didn't want to add any stress to his new environment. Well, this morning, I thought I'd take it off for a minute to introduce them. Well, Salsa gave Duck some big boy flares! Duck, looks more curious then anything, gave a couple baby flares and then watched, almost entertained, as Salsa gave quite the show. Noonie, who's on the other side of Salsa watched Salsa the entire time, almost as if he was like 'what on earth is going on over there!' I don't think Noonie can see Duck through Salsa's tank, but he sure noticed the commotion. Anyway, the barrier is back in place. I'll be removing it throughout the day, getting them used to the idea of each other.

Enough rambling, onto the pictures! :D He's colored up a little since he first arrived, but I know he still has some more to do. ^^

And because they shouldn't be left out, here's Salsa and Noonie.

Noonie... ugh, I can't tell you enough how hard he is to photograph... Anyway, he's working on a new bubblenest this morning as you can see.

And here's Salsa, and just because his recovery amazes me every day, I posted an old picture taken on March 5, just so you can see, once again, how well he's doing.

Thanks for looking! :D

... More pics coming soon. ;)

Last edited by denaliwind; 04-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #2 
xswornxoffxjello

Awww...that's so cute! Salsa and Noonie are very handsome boys, and Duck is gorgeous! Is it me, or does he look like he has some blue in the first and third pictures?
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #3 
Tisia

d'aww, he looks like he's smiling in the second one, kind of in the fourth too, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #4 
monroe0704

What an amazing recovery!! He's simply stunning :D And I'm so glad Duck adjusted so well!! He's a cute little guy for sure. Can't wait to draw him ;)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #5 
Johnificent

i love duck! hahahhaa, i can now see where the name came from, it fits perfectly :) hahah, i love your bettas, they r gorgeous, and i know, i have a blue delta tail named poseidon who is super hard to photograph XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #6 
denaliwind

Thanks guys! :D

xswornxoffxjello - yeah, his copper tones really seem to change from green to maroon, with some blue gray in the middle. And he's still a little dull from his trip! ^^

monroe0704 - Thanks! I can't wait to see what brilliant drawing you create.

johnificent - yeah, those dark ones are so tough to capture >.<

And here's some more :P

Noonie's making bubblenesting progress :P

Old 04-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #7 
Johnificent

I love duck's coloration! and wow! noonie has a super huge bubblenest! :O you must really be taking good care of him XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #8 
Goomba3

Yay for Duck! I'm so glad he is adjusting well and has arrived safely. Also glad Salsa's fins are going back, you must take care of them very well.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #9 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
Yay for Duck! I'm so glad he is adjusting well and has arrived safely. Also glad Salsa's fins are going back, you must take care of them very well.
Thank you thank you!
I'll have to make a poster, 'Got Clean Water?' will be the text. XD
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #10 
denaliwind

OMG...

Duck's already working on a bubble nest!!! WOW! O.O