Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #21 
kathstew

My betta Spazz flares at my friends finger, but not mine. Only my friends.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #22 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
I once placed the food container right next to my fish Cleo's tank without thinking it was going to mess with him. After a little while I kept hearing this.."tink....tink....tink..." and I was like what the heck is that fish doing?? I walked back into the kitchen and he was trying to get through the glass to get the fish on the package. I felt kinda bad so I moved it.
Ha! That's hilarious... more that you could hear the "tink" from the other room. He must've been going after that other fish pretty hard. xD;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #23 
Littlebittyfish

Haha! He was ! I was worried he was going to hurt his little face! I don't know if he was using his teeth or what but it was making a tink sound for sure.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #24 
JKfish

Tux used to flare at his filter every time he swam past. Now he flares at my fingers and his food... yeah, that's right tux; show that pellet who is boss!
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #25 
Betta Slave

Almost everyone seems to find the bright red and dark purple nail-polish on my nails very threatening. My neon guitar picks they flare at too... not to mention my Beatles guitar picks. Pff. They have no good taste in music. lol

Yeah... anything that's brightly colored, they flare at, usually. They're not a very smart bunch. XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #26 
gmd1800

Hestia only flares at her reflection.

Octo, well, he's rather special. He flares at his thermometer, at his shark, at the cave, at the filter, at the heater, at the substrate, at his floating styrofoam cup, his own reflection, me, my boyfriend, food, eyedrops, my laptop, my contact solution, a hockey puck, a rubber duck, and currently he's flaring at his Oball that I have outside of his tank until I do his water change.

That fish has issues.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #27 
fleetfish

Mars is extremely particular about what he threatens. It happens to be my camera, which is orange. He won't flare at any other shade of orange but the colour my camera is, and I've tried many times to get him to open up to peach, aubern, neon orange, reddish orange, amber, persimmon . . . . but nope. Only the colour of my camera. Not only that but he poses when it's on :D
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #28 
Dragonlady

It cracks me up to see juvie bettas flare at anything new put in their tank.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #29 
inTOXICATEDx2

My newest Deltatail barely flares at the mirror, but his flare parts are clear so you can barely notice he's flaring. lol.
inTOXICATEDx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #30 
Torat

The girls flare at each other. Mara is the odd one out, who couldn't care less about the other girls and ONLY flares at Rodolfo the snail.

Ulmo doesn't flare at anything but a mirror. If that. This is ever since he got super-interested in eating himself. Before that, he was flare-happy.

The unnamed rescue tail-chomping Delta(?) flares at EVERYTHING. Literally. The tank, the plants, the filter, everything. You, the camera, the cats, etc. It's ridiculous. I think part of his tail-chomping problem is stress, caused by him feeling like EVERYTHING is a threat. It's bad :{

The unnamed veil doesn't flare. Ever. I've seen him flare once in several months. He just... doesn't care. lol.

Sigmund flares at me. At anyone who goes near his tank. It's mixed in with his "dance." He is especially fond of flaring when he's bubble-nesting for me. He is really, really aggressive with his flaring, though. He throws himself against the side of the tank, flaring towards you, realizes it's glass, turns around dances, then takes a "running start"... Though that's MAINLY at night, if it's daytime he seems better. He just super-flares and zags around his tank flaring until you go away.

Mizu only flares at the camera or a magnifying mirror. Regular mirrors, other bettas... none of those faze him. The magnifying? Oh yeah, man, he responds. He doesn't like the camera, which he responds to by flaring EVEN if I am not even behind it or holding it. It can be capped on the desk next to him, and he's flaring at it.

Jung doesn't/rarely flares. But when he does, it's at his reflection or a mirror.

Paiget flares at evvvvvvvvvverything. Except his plants :}
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote