Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Exclamation two birds one stone = cracked tank sick El Dorado!

El Dorado's one face plate looks white and "peeling"? never came across this before! Only thing new in his heated (&*) ten gallon is the sponge filter which was rinsed and brand new!!!!!! live plants are flourishing and bigger than ever, there was a water change recently, 25% as per usual. Nothing really changed. He likes his cave, but recently he's been lingering near the top and his gill looks....bloody? o_O not ammonia burn red, no, bloody?? parasite? or what? I know he isn't the hardiest lil' yellow fella, but I'd hate to lose him D: yellows are hard to come across here... and he's my betta ><

Problem two: I went to pull up the blinds on the window the whole darn thing came down. Hit my 29 gallon tank... nothing wrong, or so I thought. Just looked, and there is a pool of water, the water level has dropped AND THE CRACK GOES ALONG THE SIDE!!! D: 1. can it be fixed with the aquarium silicone? 2. 4 girls in the 10.... should I just shove everything in the 29 into the 10? x.x El Dorado is moved from the 10 to a hosptial tank. So, do I ned to empty it all too? >:(

this week is not my week
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

oh, forget it.... El Dorado at a second glance has dropsy, he has pineconed and since I do not have clove oil, I have to ask my bf to do what I won't and cannot bring myself to do... FML I am having NO LUCK. Except some of the WORST luck in the freaking world.

Luckily I can get a 40 for 50.00.... in a week or so. As for the tank, is it worth fixing, or just selling for 20.00 as a reptile-only tank?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #3 
aurasoulful

Oh my god.. I'm sorry to hear that.. 0-0 how disturbing. Poor guy.. Dropsy is the devil. I'd fix the tank.. Sad thing though, is the crack my continue to travel, like on a car windshield. <_< I hope your luck turns around soon
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

thanks it kinda did.... I found a 40 for 50.00 :) but now I have a cracked tank that cannot be fixed (near the crack is shatter marks)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #5 
aurasoulful

OMG, please get that tank out of there before it busts. Good deal on that 40gal. *checks all my tanks for cracks* <_< >_> scary..

How's your boy btw? Is he still eating?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #6 
Sena Hansler

I emptied it already lol. My boy Ghengis is eating, I've think it's the stupid tap from upstairs, it might be lined with something. I don't drink water, and when I do it's downstairs so I have no idea if it'd affect me... it's only boiled up stairs if I do use it! any fish downstairs was thriving, upstairs, slowly or quickly, had a problem. and in turn killed my yellow boy, Conan... :( ugh. So, I may have to get the awesomeness of the aquavac, run it from downstairs to upstairs to a bucket xDD two man job but...meh. save my fish!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #7 
aurasoulful

Good luck! I hope your boy gets well soon!