Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #1 
Luimeril

Gimpy Ventril D:

so, i've been keeping an eye on my new delta(i think), Ichi. the betta i named after my friend in Japan(who, i found out recently, is okay. they had him in a hospital for a long while, without anyone knowing who he is, but his family found him last week).

he had mild fin rot when i got him, and had a few small bites in his tail. nothing i didn't expect from a delta/halfmoon/whateverheis, stuck in a cup for a while. not TOO long, since i got there soon after they got their shipment(a few days after, i believe). i've been keeping an eye on his tail this whole time, and noticed, for one, he has a kink in his tail. i guess a bite didn't heal correctly? nothing too bad. doesn't change the fact that i love him. :3

but, i've noticed his ventrils are funny. most bettas, hold them close while swimming, right up against their bodies. Ichi's, however, kinda..... get pushed against his side. o.0 i'll have to get a photo to show you, but it's almost like... he can't use them right, or something. they're limp, they just hang there like numb arms, or something.

anyone else ever have this in a betta? i watch my girls, and they hold theirs close while swimming, and relax them when not. same with Cup, Theo, and Zidane. but, Ichi's....... doesn't do that. o.0
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #2 
CrowntailxKing

No clue...but glad your friend in Japan is ok!
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #3 
Luimeril

thanks. i'm super happy about it! if it weren't for Caroline, i'd have been in a slump and neglected them all. ;A; but, she wiggled at me, and broke me out of my depression. <3 so, Ichi means alot to me. he's helped keep me out of the slump with worry! LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad your friend is ok!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #5 
Luimeril

thanks. :3 Ichi still means just as much to me, as he did before. his ventril's still weird, though. >.> it shows up good in the pics i recently took:

see how it flaps against him?

you can see it good in this one. while one rests down, the 'gimpy' one flaps against him.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #6 
tokala

Well, I have no idea if the problem with his ventril fins is serious....but WOW he is BEAUTIFUL!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #7 
Luimeril

it doesn't affect his swimming one bit. it's just something that kinda looks derpy. o.o

thankies. <3 any clue on what his color is? o.o i've never seen it before. he really loves swimming in and out of his cave. xD
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #8 
tokala

I would say some type of mustard gas but he is really unusual. That would be my closest guess but I could be way off.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #9 
Luimeril

that's what i was thinking, but another part of my mind screamed that i was wrong. i always end up with the strange, beautiful ones, it seems. xD