Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1 
CrowntailxKing

The Minibow1 Desktop tank set up

Today I bought the Minibow1 desktop tank set up, as the subject of the thread may suggest. It's a one gallon, plastic aquarium that comes with a filter and a hood/light combo. It's a decent little set up, but there is only one thing I don't like about it - the filter. It makes a pretty strong current, so right now I am looking for something to baffle it with and hopefully that will do the trick. Orion, my new halfmoon (butterfly?) is enjoying the space, I believe. He isn't swimming around a whole lot, but he isnt looking stressed out (no clamped fins, etc.) and I bought him a plant as well. Hopefully he ends up enjoying his new home :)
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

To baffle the current I've heard of a lot of people using aquarium sponge or clean panty hose to baffle it.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

I use rubber bands to hold sponge to the outtake, and if it's still strong you could put pantyhose over it. I like to cover the intake with pantyhose too, just to avoid any potential fin damage.

I hope he likes his new home! Pictures?!?!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #4 
CrowntailxKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
To baffle the current I've heard of a lot of people using aquarium sponge or clean panty hose to baffle it.
Yeah, I have used panty hose before, and had recommended it to a few other people recently as well. I am going to try a sponge since panty hose won't really do much for the outflow of the tank. The intake isn't causing problems, which is what I usually use panty hose for so that their fins won't get caught in it.

As for pictures go, I don't own a camera and my phone takes lousy pictures. I will get pics ASAP though. I still need to ask my sister if I can borrow hers, but I just havent gotten around to it lately.
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote