Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #1 
gmd1800

Tank updates!

Because of Octo's compulsive tailbiting, I moved him back in his 3gal, even though space on my little desk is starting to get cramped. His 3gal has a combination of glass stones and sand for substrate. I have a tall silk plant, his shark cave, a styrofoam cup, his heater and filter in there.

Hestia's tank is still the same, but I rearranged things in there to add a new toy (Octo has the same toy in his tank). I actually found it at Toys R Us for 5 bucks each and washed them well (no soap!) to remove any icky germs from kids/parents/babies. The toy is for babies years 0 and up, hahah.

I got this idea from a picture that another user posted. In it, the OP was asking about where they could find this. I was looking for it earlier, but as I just woke up, I have no patience to figure out who the OP is so I could let them know.

The toy: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2786376

They LOVE the toy! Hestia likes to bask in it, and when I try to take a picture of her in the ball, she swims out and glares at me. Octo, well... When I first put the toy in his tank and released him, he spent a good five minutes flaring at it and wouldn't go in it for a day. Now he uses it as a shortcut to get to the other side faster.

Pictures!

Hestia's setup. She never really likes to be out in the open, and prefers scavenging through her plant and toys.

Whatchoo dong, Mom?

Octo's setup - sorry for the quality. The water really is clear, but the tank is slightly discolored.

gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Awe! she looks so cute and happy in that toy! Now I want to go get one too!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #3 
gmd1800

Not encouraging you or anything. At all. *whistles*
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
Not encouraging you or anything. At all. *whistles*

I bet it would look cool with java fern attached to it..and maybe some anacharis growing in the middle with it poking out of the holes through the top ...yeeep...looks like i will be going into toys r us next time i am near one...

I really like your 3 gallon, where did you get it? I saw a cute little plakat betta at petco yesterday...I had to leave him there though..I dont have anywhere else to put another 10 gallon tank for another betta at the moment..was such a bummer! I kept picking him up and then I sat him back down..then I picked him up...then I sat him back down.. I think the guy working there thought I was nuts.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #5 
gmd1800

I got the 3gal from Wal-Mart. It was an Aquaview 360, but I took out the center tube to make more room for the decorations. I like it better this way.

I know what you mean! I saw five absolutely gorgeous King bettas at Petco the other day. I REALLY wanted to take one home, but my boyfriend dragged me away after about 30 minutes. :( I'm leaning more toward short-finned bettas (and females). I think my entire family thinks I'm nuts.