Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Discolored spot?

Okay so I went to check on Akira and he's been a little sluggish today hanging around the top and he's not flaring like he usually does. He ate like a pig but I noticed three of his scales near his head are a lighter blue then they should be. They look almost white. Could it be an illness? I know I'm probably paranoid but I never wanted to post in this part of the forum. I want Aki to be okay...I don't have ANY meds at all...
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #2 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Hmm... pictures would be helpful, if you can supply any. And I understand about not wanting to post here. Nor did I about Rev'. D: Yet I have.

And could you fill out one of those form thingies telling about your tank size, temperature, etc.?

That'd really help, too.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

Okay...Well he's acting normal now and looking in on him again I can't spot them. I'll post the forum thing in the morning and supply some pics if it turns out he's acting weird again. He was really tired and a little stressed out from an aill nighter thanks to my dad (all the lights were on and there was a lot of noise. Aki was up all night going insane. He's been active and bit me pretty good.)

EDIT: Looking closer it looks like the same coloring on his belly. Both foods he's being fed have color enhanceing formula's to him and since bringing him home his rays have tipped purple and he has a bit of an orange wash.)

What concerns me is that his tail it looks...Thinner then it should...I'll fill out everything in the morning. His tail when he bit me today looked normal as he flared up. He flared up attacked my finger and ate normal...I may have overreacted but if anything changes...I'll be sure to pay close attention.

Last edited by Arashi Takamine; 04-08-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #4 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Okay... keep us posted.

Better to be paranoid than not. ;D Really...
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #5 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Okay... keep us posted.

Better to be paranoid than not. ;D Really...
Well he's nomming like a pig. Being a little lazy hiding under a leaf. The alkelinity level in the tank is at 7 though...Will that harm him? Should we do a waterchange?