Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #1 
IrishRose2124

Angry Uggg so frustrated!

What is the BEST way to cure fin rot? My red delta tail, Dante has had bad fin rot for two months! I have tried, medicine, tried aquarium salt, I tried lowering the temp in the water. I've changed his water everyday, but nothing is working! He still has it, his tail is literally falling apart and it looks awful. Looks like someone took a razor blade to it and shredded it. Uggg, please help, I want to get rid of this stupid illness so Dante can grow his tail back
IrishRose2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #2 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRose2124 View Post
What is the BEST way to cure fin rot? My red delta tail, Dante has had bad fin rot for two months! I have tried, medicine, tried aquarium salt, I tried lowering the temp in the water. I've changed his water everyday, but nothing is working! He still has it, his tail is literally falling apart and it looks awful. Looks like someone took a razor blade to it and shredded it. Uggg, please help, I want to get rid of this stupid illness so Dante can grow his tail back
Perhaps it isnt fin rot, since youve treated with medicines and this has lasted that long? Is there something in his tank that is shredding his fins?

Are you certain you:

Used the AQ salt 1tsp/gallon-2tsp gallon (when progressed), with daily water changes and appropriate redosing?

Lowered the temp to 76-77'?

Shut the filter off, both to promote fin regrowth and to have the carbon not suck up your medicines?

What medicines did you use?

Perhaps try a broad spectrum antibiotic?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #3 
PewPewPew

Can you show us a before and after picture, btw? So we can see him now?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote