Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #1 
natemo

Fishies!!!!

My twin bro wants a betta now and i was wondering if anyone had fishies for sale also we will take any extras if you dont have enough room for them haha
natemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemo View Post
My twin bro wants a betta now and i was wondering if anyone had fishies for sale also we will take any extras if you dont have enough room for them haha
There are breeders on this forum who do sell their bred bettas, though Im not sure any have spawns old enough to sell yet. Some are Vr.Vampire, Anbu, martinismommy (Aquabid too), monroe (aquabid), 1fish2fish(? I cant remember!), noobihack, beat, and many others.

However, I will say one thing:

This isnt really a site to be asking people for free things...Its not against the rules, but Ive noticed other posts asking for free things and feel its best to limit your posts in this manner. Also, this kind of question, and all questions asking for things, belongs in the "chat" or better yet "lounge" sections.

You can often find free things on craigslist. You can find very cheap things in thrift stores and discount stores, too. Aquabid sometimes has very cheap things on it, and if you bid and no one else makes it too high, youll get a great deal.

Good luck with your search, and keep in mind that fish from petsmarts and petcos are very beautiful and well bred (especially in petcos) at a price much less than anything you'd find online from a breeder or a fish from another member, unless theyre willing to front the $15-30 dollars to ship the fish.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think there is a specific rule about asking people for things but it's not something we condone.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

No, but the user asked via a few different posts and put them in the wrong section.
Meh.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #5 
NEWBEE FISH

Save a fish from the store........
NEWBEE FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #6 
turtle10

Why don't you just buy a fish from the store? Having someone ship a fish to you will cost about 15-35 dollars just for the shipping costs...
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #7 
alidawn15

If you can't afford to buy the fish, you probably can't afford what the fish needs.
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #8 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidawn15 View Post
If you can't afford to buy the fish, you probably can't afford what the fish needs.
+1

The fish may be $5, but what about food, water conditioner, tank, heater, plants, decorations, medicine, aq salt, etc. It all adds up.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #9 
alidawn15

I bit off more than I expected. Also keep in mind that if you're a responsible pet owner and your fish lives the typical 3-5 years you might end up being the one footing the water and electricity for it. Nobody pointed out in elementary school that I'd be in college with a 10 year old dog that I can't move with me.
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #10 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidawn15 View Post
I bit off more than I expected. Also keep in mind that if you're a responsible pet owner and your fish lives the typical 3-5 years you might end up being the one footing the water and electricity for it. Nobody pointed out in elementary school that I'd be in college with a 10 year old dog that I can't move with me.
+1

I am in that exact situation. I got a puppy when I was young, but now I am in college with a dog! All I can say is if you want a pet, whether it be fish or dog, you gotta have the $$$ to pay for it.