Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

Welcome to the forum!

Your male looks like a young VT in my opinion. His fins will most likely get longer and more "veilish" as he ages.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #12 
Goomba3

Hello and welcome! Are you me in another form? Because my name is Heather, I love animals, I LOVE horses, and I went to college for writing. Also can be pretty shy and lurk more than post... Every sentence I read of yours my eyes kept getting wider and wider, haha.

In any case, your VT is gorgeous! You will soon come to the realization you can't have just one, but since he is your first boy in some time, best to enjoy him for a while before getting any new ones. Do you have any plans of upgrading him soon? And if so, to what type of tank?
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #13 
Amaya Yuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Shimizu View Post
However, I have nothing to say because I haven't posted a single picture of Amaya, my betta, on this forum. It was wonderful meeting you and I hope you enjoy having your betta and being a part of this site.
Your fish has the same name as me! lol
Amaya Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #14 
Ai Shimizu

Lol, that wasn't expected.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #15 
xxcaveat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to thge forum. Your betta is very pretty!
Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Welcome to the forum! Everyone is really nice here, and SUPER helpful.
As someone said above, I think he's a veiltail. :D
Thanks for the welcome! :) And yes, it seems like a very friendly and helpful place. I'm glad I stumbled upon it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Shimizu View Post
It's nice to know that there's someone else with something in common with me. For about a year now I've owned a red roan Appaloosa. He isn't the first horse I've ever had, so I have quite a bit of experience myself. There's an entire list of animals I have, but for time and space I'm not going to list off any of the rest. Your betta is a very beautiful Veiltail. The picture you got isn't that bad for a cell phone camera, but once you can get more pictures please, post them on the forum. Everyone here adores looking at the pictures that other members have to offer. You could say that some of us are addicted to taking pictures and posting them to this forum. However, I have nothing to say because I haven't posted a single picture of Amaya, my betta, on this forum. It was wonderful meeting you and I hope you enjoy having your betta and being a part of this site.
Oh, it's always nice to meet a fellow horseperson. :) One of the barns I used to work at was predominantly Quarter Horses and Appaloosas, so I have a fondness for Appaloosas. What type of riding do you do?

I will be sure to post pictures when I get the chance. Thanks for the welcome - it was very nice meeting you too! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Your male looks like a young VT in my opinion. His fins will most likely get longer and more "veilish" as he ages.
Thanks for the welcome! :) His color is what drew me to him - he looked so out of place surrounded by the other blue and red veiltails. But I hope he will grow a longer, more veil-like tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
Hello and welcome! Are you me in another form? Because my name is Heather, I love animals, I LOVE horses, and I went to college for writing. Also can be pretty shy and lurk more than post... Every sentence I read of yours my eyes kept getting wider and wider, haha.

In any case, your VT is gorgeous! You will soon come to the realization you can't have just one, but since he is your first boy in some time, best to enjoy him for a while before getting any new ones. Do you have any plans of upgrading him soon? And if so, to what type of tank?
Wow - we're almost identical - haha. I was going to major in writing in college, but decided to go for my other love, science. That's crazy how similar we are!

Thank you! I've already come to the realization that I can't just have one (which happens a lot... and is ultimately how I ended up with a colony of hermit crabs), but for now I'm just going to enjoy the one I have. I'd like to upgrade his tank soon. I have a larger tank that I am using as an ISO tank for my hermit crabs that I'd like to use for my betta. I just have to get everyone else rearranged before this happens.

Thank you for the welcome! Nice to meet you! :)
xxcaveat is offline   Reply With Quote