Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #11 
KayDowson

i know nd its so sad... my husband tired to get me a new betta but she was my first nd she died horribly and its just not the same... i can't pet this one or talk to her or make her do the cute dance she did... she doesnt even come up to the top when i talk to her... I want my angel fish back...
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #12 
Sweeda88

I'm so sorry. I know it was extremely hard for me when Aurora died. She was fine one day, then got sick and was that way for three days, then just died. I have 2 new females, but neither one is as interactive as she was. She loved to swim through my fingers, and nip them. It's so hard to lose them, isn't it?
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #13 
CyerRyn

Omg.. I almost bought one of those too. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #14 
KayDowson

Thank u and no dont get it... nd yes... I've had her almost a yr now... she was my baby... even let me put my hand in the tank nd swim on top of it and look at me...
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #15 
Luimeril

i got one for my partly blind Theo. i had the great idea to feed him over it, so the pellets don't get lost in the rocks, but i saw the metal peeking through the plastic, so i ripped it out, and the leaf's all droopy. .___o he didn't care about it, so it belongs to Cup, who uses it when he bloats up(he eats more air than pellets at nom time, and floats up after). i'm REALLY sorry about your loss. D: send a VERY angry e-mail to the company. that thing is a great idea, but stupid way to go about it.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #16 
bettafish15

Wow, that really sucks! What a terrible way to go :/ I'm sorry for your loss.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #17 
ollief9

I was always a bit weary of these 'Betta Hammocks'. Sorry for your loss :/ It's very hard losing fish.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #18 
LolaQuigs

I have them in two of my tanks. I don't see any wires sticking out, but I might remove them anyway, since you said that yours looked fine too. How horrible, I'm so sorry for your loss.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #19 
Lion Mom

That is just GOD-AWFUL and I am SO sorry!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #20 
BlakbirdxGyarados

D: My sympathy to you too.

It is true, though, that our first ones are those we become most attatched to. Leliia's really active, loves to chase my finger, and I could go on. My first male's the same way. If I ever lose them, I'd be really depressed for a while... I just lost Revenant today, and while I only had him for a week, I'm not talking today... nor am I doing much at all. Lurking around here kinda helps, especially with keeping my mind off things, but after a while, I'll be okay.... Life goes on, right?

It's a horrible and gruesome way to go.... Again, I'm really sorry about your loss.
Besides an angry letter to the company, why not try to get to know that new betta you have?
Yeah, she (I believe your new one is a she, right?) won't replace your angel. No fish can ever be a replacement for another. But once you get to know her, interact with her a bit, maybe you'll find some cute things you like about her and she'll be a new friend.

Much luck to you in healing.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote