Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #21 
Fermin

So sorry for your loss.

I remember a thread last year either on here or on aquaticcommunity.com where people were posting complaints about part of the leaf hammock rusting.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #22 
TheCrysCat

That is so horrible... I am so sorry. I agree, it's rediculous that even passed and was able to be sold. Wouldn't it have been cheaper, even, to make them with plastic in the first place? I'd raise as much hell as I could if this happened to one of my fish D:<
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #23 
baylee767

Yes, review it on every site you can, send multiple letters, post it in every fish forum... maybe it'll then be safe! I was considering buying one. But there seems to be so many problems with the metal. DIY sounds safer.... by a mile.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #24 
Goomba3

That is horrible! I am so sorry for your loss. I've never bought leaf hammocks, I made my own out of silk plants, suction cups, and silicone. No wires. It was time-consuming, but worth not having to worry about my boys getting hurt! Again, very sorry to hear of your Angel. How she is an angel in fishy heaven.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your poor fish! How awful to find her like that!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #26 
Pekemom

Yikes - I have had one of those in my tank for months. Actually I feed my betta over it - so the leaf catches the bits of food that would ordinarily fall to the tank bottom. My betta eats off of the top of the leaf. I wonder if I could remove the wire myself and put something else (a plastic piece) under it to keep it horizontal. What an awful way to lose a fish - I'm so sorry..
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #27 
luluo

KayDowson - I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel terrible for you.

I just bought one of those for D'Argo. It was in his tank for a day, but I have now taken it out.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #28 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is difficult when a cherished pet is gone from your life; In such a horrible way. You might want to make a call to the ASPCA and explain to them what happened. They might not be able to help you directly; But, they may be able to direct you to another organization that can. Just a thought.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #29 
Fermin

1. First, save all documentation of this incident. Save the crappy hammock, save the receipt from the purchase, and make an extra scan/copy of the receipt as well. If possible, also take a photo of the hammock for backup proof. If you still have your poor fish, you may want to wrap him in paper towels and then place into a ziplock bag and store in your freezer for evidence.

2. Next, send the betta hammock company a politely-worded and typed letter detailing your complaint about their product which directly resulted in the death of your pet. Also include your contact info. Include the date of purchase, and include a photo of the hammock and a photo of your poor fatally-injured fish.

State in the letter that you are a member of a popular online betta fish forum and are shocked and disappointed that you've had to post this sort of unfavorable product review for potentially hundreds of future customers of theirs to read.

FYI, per the BBB:
-Dissatisfied customers typically tell between eight to 16 other people when they have had an unsatisfactory experience with a company. Your thread here has told WAY more than this already. Crappy product also caused the direct death of a pet.

-Negative information has twice the impact of positive information on purchasing decisions.

-Word-of-mouth is one of the most important factors influencing a customer’s decision to buy from a company.

-It costs between two to 20 times as much to win a new customer as to retain an existing one who has a complaint.

3. Finally, file a formal complaint with your local Better Business Bureau (BBB). They will start a case log on you and will want to obtain as much documentation as possible (receipts, maybe even take a look at the faulty product...). This is why you need backup copies of your receipt and backup documentation of the damaged product via photo etc.

Good luck.

Last edited by Fermin; 04-10-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 AM   #30 
ollief9

O_O I nearly bought one but in the end I didn't so everything's ok.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote