Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #31 
rinni

Wow, that's beyond awful. I'm so sorry! Poor Angel.

I wanted to thank you for sharing, since you may have saved my fish by posting this. He had one of those hammocks, so I removed it right after reading your post. Turns out mine was rusting, and when I bent it to look more closely, the leaf separated from the stem and the sharp wire came out of the middle. Glad I got it out of there before something happened.

Oh well, I only saw him using it once anyway, so he probably won't miss it!
rinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #32 
newfiedragon

Really sorry for your loss!

I had recently bought two of those hammocks to put in my tanks. Thankfully, I hadn't put them in yet, so when I read your post, I brought them back the next day.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #33 
Littlebittyfish

Wow..This is awful.. I am so sorry for your loss...I was thinking about getting a few of these for my tanks..but now I know better.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #34 
smellsfishie

I had one of those leaf hammocks, and my betta loved it. I was removing plants/decorations from my tank recently to get out the mass invasion of snails I've recently been blessed with, and while emptying out a dirty bucket of fish water into the toilet, I accidentally poured the fish hammock in too. whoops. :} So, no more hammock for me, but I don't have a betta right now either...
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #35 
carzz

Oh my... I'm so sorry. Ive got two, but my fish don't like them. I think I'll be taking them out.... I would cry to know end if this happened. And it's
Not like you could have helped her if you saw it happen... They don't heal fish like that.... :( so sorry
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #36 
Ai Shimizu

It takes common sense to realize that metal doesn't have a place within an aquarium even if it's inside a decoration. Metal can rust in water making the fish ill or it can tear through the other material enough to where it can stab or slice a fish. It appears that some companies still don't have much common sense. I'm so sorry for the loss of you precious fish and that the death had to be caused by the stupidity of others.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #37 
artes

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's horrible. Raise hell with that company!
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #38 
demonr6

I have had three of those in the past and all three rusted out. My quick fix was to apply a layer of aquarium sealant to the bottom and that prevented the rust, it didn't prevent though that it is a POS that no one should buy if they can find a better alternative which is what i finally did. Sorry that happened, I hope you give them heck.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote