Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #91 
Arashi Takamine

Coolness.

Fed Akira and Maka a few minutes ago. I try not to show how much I love Akira in front of my dad but gosh...He makes me so happy. Swimming up to me whenever he see's me approach. Noms whenever I put food into his tank and then moves to sit by the silk plant waiting for his flakes. He's just so silly...Makes me feel so blessed he's so healthy.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #92 
gmd1800

Two things -

I'm working on an experiment where I study the fitness of daphnia according to their diet. I have a group on undiluted nanochloroplasts and this is the third population I've had to start - the last two populations died. Well - I dropped by to feed them and we HAVE BABIES!!! They're weak, but babies! They haven't bred at all for the past month and half. WOOHOO!

Second thing - a few weeks ago I was at Petco and saw these three gorgeous girls that I really wanted to get, but I didn't have the space for. One was a little marble cambodian female with dark purple fins, one was a light lilac female, and one was a yellow VT female.

Guess what? They were in the lab today! My mentor bought them for her introductory biology students to study their behavior. There's about fifteen other males as well. I'm REALLY tempted to ask if I can get the girls after she's done with them. There's only four weeks of school left. I also took pictures of them! I'll upload them at some point.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #93 
TheCrysCat

That's awesome!

Today, my friend told me that she saw this band play at Relay for Life, and they hung out afterward because she has a friend that knows them. She says that the drummer is a guy I'd really like, and she's going to try to take me to one of their concerts.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #94 
Sweeda88

I'm having SO much fun with my two new mice! I named the black one Marilyn and the tan and white one Audrey. They love their nice, big cage, and Audrey is REALLY tame. Marilyn is going to take some work, though. She's still quite skittish. I will take pictures this weekend when my sister comes over for Easter. I will also get some better pics of Crayola and Annabelle, who I only have grainy web cam pics of.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #95 
TheCrysCat

Awesome! I'm glad to hear they're doing well. How's the bin working out?

I'm happy because my mom got a ten gallon tank kit, and we're setting it up tomorrow. The frogs will be moving in there, and Zoiya will be moving into their old two gallon. I hope to put a betta in with the frogs, so do you think there's room for any more tank mates?
Old 04-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #96 
Betta Slave

I have money to spend~ Wooohoo!

I probably won't spend much, but I think I'm going to spoil little Dallas. :3 He'll be happy to move into a larger tank and have more decorations!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #97 
Sweeda88

They're doing great! I have two bins connected together, and they LOVE it! I taped up some of the vent holes I made so they can't reach and chew them. They love sleeping in the glass jar I have in there for them. I love watching them!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #98 
TheCrysCat

Yeah, mice are cool little guys. And I'm so glad the bins are working out! They are very lucky!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #99 
Sweeda88

Thanks! I love them. Audrey is the most tame, and I LOVE holding her and playing with her. Marilyn is going to take longer to warm up. I can already pick up Audrey with my bare hands, but I have to let Marilyn crawl into a toilet paper tube and pick her up in that. They both love running around on my bed!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #100 
TheCrysCat

I remember when I would let the hamsters run all over me in a (dry) tub. One of them bit my big toe!