Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #1 
baylee767

Lightbulb Electricity?

Wow. Earlier I was just sitting on my bed and then I had a huge urge to turn off my fish tanks power strip. I unplugged it and told my dad that I turned off my power strip and that maybe some water got on it (in truth I'm not sure why I did)

Then, an hour later, my dad comes into my room and says he reached his hand into his fish tank and got shocked. Even though he has that... thing (I don't know what it's called) that you plug into your outlet and then plug in the stuff so that if you start to get electricuted it shuts off automatically. My dad then turned off his power strip and put his hand in the water, once again he was shocked!as unplugged did he not get shocked.

What the heck is going on? I'm not sure whether I imagined it or not, but I think when I touched my power strip when it was turned off (still plugged in) I got shocked... I'm pretty sure it happened. This is kind of strange... Now my cycle is probably going to get ruined because my filter is shut off. There's no light, either (in the tank). Let's just hope I can trust the electricity still....
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Oh dear...I hope everything will be alright. My heater fizzled out with a zap earlier today...Didn't shock me but I hope the fish are alright. How's Neon?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:37 AM   #3 
baylee767

Neon's fine (other than chewing his tail to a stub) my tank didn't get electricity, I think. I hope... he's acting like nothing happened so *shrugs* Gah, my dad's going to have to be electricuted because he's going to test my power strip lol.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #4 
JackisLost

Maybe you have an electric betta! Breed and sale like hot cakes
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #5 
DaveC

Maybe your dad should wire his tank up the other way. Put the plug in the tank and let it run the house. LOL
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote