Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #11 
tokala

Oh dear, I am so sorry :( You said it best- live and learn. Hope they all heal up!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #12 
Thunderloon

... used 5 gallon glass tanks are cheaper than new fish.
looks like waiting a day might have been cheaper than a used boyfriend too!

Last edited by Thunderloon; 04-10-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #13 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderloon View Post
... used 5 gallon glass tanks are cheaper than new fish.
looks like waiting a day might have been cheaper than a used boyfriend too!

Ok Im going to give you the chance to explain yourself.

my male tanks a 10 bay display tank, the water level was a little high as my boyfriend added it there was like a liter left in the bucket he didnt want it to go to waste as it isnt tap water its RO water. (Water thats LAB grade so sterile i actually have to add minerals to it)

All the other tanks were full so he just added it with the water change.
The egg crate that covers the bays between the divider and the lids was just a scrap we had to stop benny bay hopping as he did it a few times (only once into a occupied bay)
I have since bought a bigger sheet of eggcrate to cover all the bays.

AND not here my 5 gal tanks are $30, my fish are $10-15.

It isnt the cost its the room, i live with my bf and his father were limited on room for the fish until i get my shelves up in a 3 weeks.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #14 
Thunderloon

I'm a little offended at the stomping, dear, the boyfriend comment was only intended as a bit of humor. Used glass tanks are about 8 bucks each.

As I have not been invasively following your residential nor your aquarium setting and no variance from generalization was indicated I went with the more common assumption that you'd done something dangerous and placed male betta side by side in a structure that could, through lack of preparation or by failure of preparation, allow them to access each other and unleash carnage. I did not have, nor with the above assumption do I need to have, any perspective of your arrangements but I can empathize with your frustration at the events that occurred.

Given standard size, compactness and functionality of five gallon tanks and their suitability for keeping single males in optimal environment my prior advice still stands.

I dump out any remaining topping off or replacement water that I cannot use no matter how many hours it was trimmed using submerged ion and micron filtration or what chemicals were used in its rebuilding. The moment I put Prime and Neutral Regulator in it becomes a disposable commodity.

But, it is not my place to apply correction on your other half, I apologize.

For responding to what I could readily misinterpret as some kind of righteous tantrum or power trip, I have made sure my definitions are correct and checked all my spelling, but do NOT apologize.

Please remember that as human as I am I'd be going off topic to care about your life, I'm here because I care about your fish and won't let feelings get in the way.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 04-11-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #15 
Abby

My fish are all happy in their display tank that plays home to 9 fish. They are all divided and CANNOT access each other, the water was a little high once and I did not have any cover for all the bays, USUALLY louie is my more placid fish, there has been NO indication from him in the two months he's lived in that same bay so i felt that until i could acquire the egg crate that he would be ok. He's spent 2 months uncovered so far so hes never been a problem.
Tanks, I buy them brand new for $30 there is very little market for second hand small tanks here and as stated I have not got space for ten seperate 5 gallon tanks nor the money to pay $50 per tank for a filter ( I'm picky about the filter systems I use), nor ten separate lights or ten separate heaters. I have had TWO issues with this tank in three months and that is not the tank its the fish, Benny and Louie are the ONLY two fish I've ever had jump bay.

I assure you that my water is pristine because it is RO. I do not unnecessarily dump unneeded chemicals such as "netural regulator" into my water. That is a mistake new to the hobby make to maintain water quality.
As my photos (see thread :
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67570 )
prove my waters clean, my fish are healthy and my fish are all conditioned to the point if I wanted to spawn them I need not spend two weeks conditioning them. They get the best care. As I am sure many members can attest to the health and vitality of them.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #16 
Abby

An example of my water quality and care this is Lexi when she arrived and her recent pictures. This was WITHOUT medication all I did was feed her pellets and do a daily 50% water change.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #17 
Thunderloon

"I assure you that my water is pristine because it is RO. I do not unnecessarily dump unneeded chemicals such as "netural regulator" into my water. That is a mistake new to the hobby make to maintain water quality. "

Jump Jump Jump... worn the jump-to-conclusions mat out yet?

My fish have plants, varied environments, multiple terrains, companions and two hundred dollar filters. Aeration cures anaerobic bacterial infections, not water quality.

I'll just leave this thread to you since dominance seems so important to you.
Be advised that responding to me or commenting on what I say will be considered harassment.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #18 
Neil D

Aww! Sorry about your kill crazy fish. ;) I hope he feels better
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #19 
BlackberryBetta

Aww poor baby! Hope he recovers! It is so weird though because Charz is an Exact clone of my P.J. When I say exact, I'm not kidding, he even has the same very faint bit of red on his fin. And same colouring. I am totally freaked out right now!! Ahhh!
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #20 
tokala

Once again, great pictures! I would love to borrow your bf to take some picts of my boys haha!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote