Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #31 
AbbiMoeBetta

hi tomsk..thanks for the welcome...well if i go to the pet shop and they dont have any of those fish ill jus get a 2 or 5 gal. tank for the time being....i hope they have silk plants...im not sure im ready to try live plants...

wats a good recommendation if the dont have silk plants at the pet shop?
AbbiMoeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #32 
Ethan

I've tried a pleco with my sorrity but the pleco always got erritated and really stressed to the point where I was going to take him out but he died......... I would not advise this I learned this the hard way and over time a pleco would need a 50 gallon tank or lager because they grow huge here's a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:3,s:0

they can even get bigger than that! Just try a google search and you'll know what I mean
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #33 
AbbiMoeBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
I've tried a pleco with my sorrity but the pleco always got erritated and really stressed to the point where I was going to take him out but he died......... I would not advise this I learned this the hard way and over time a pleco would need a 50 gallon tank or lager because they grow huge here's a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:3,s:0

they can even get bigger than that! Just try a google search and you'll know what I mean
sorry to hear about ur pleco...

whoa that pleco is HUGE i must have under estimated the ones i saw at the pet shop they were as tiny as the bettas...
Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #34 
Ethan

Oh, it's ok I miss him/she though I think there is no telling between a male and female pleco
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #35 
AbbiMoeBetta

yea they all look the same
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #36 
Arashi Takamine

Congrats on making the choice of getting a betta. They are fabulous little fish. I recommend getting the Aqua Culture betta pellets. Don't get Hikari as they changed their recipe. I look forward to pics of your new boy (or girl). ^^
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #37 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiMoeBetta View Post
hi tomsk..thanks for the welcome...well if i go to the pet shop and they dont have any of those fish ill jus get a 2 or 5 gal. tank for the time being....i hope they have silk plants...im not sure im ready to try live plants...

wats a good recommendation if the dont have silk plants at the pet shop?
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67565 lists some stuff. you can get plastic too, just bring some nylon with you and run it over it and if it snags it's no good
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #38 
AbbiMoeBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Congrats on making the choice of getting a betta. They are fabulous little fish. I recommend getting the Aqua Culture betta pellets. Don't get Hikari as they changed their recipe. I look forward to pics of your new boy (or girl). ^^
ill have to check with the pet shop to see what they have available...i have a feeling i will be taking millions of pics of my new boy....yea im getting a boy..for now
Old 04-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #39 
AbbiMoeBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67565 lists some stuff. you can get plastic too, just bring some nylon with you and run it over it and if it snags it's no good
Thanks for the link..will check it out
Old 04-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #40 
Dixie

There are heaters that auto shut off if the temperature of the tank gets too high and it will auto kick in if it gets too low. I've recently bought one for Dixie (my betta) and it makes me relax during the school day to know that my betta will be alright at home alone. However, I can't tell you if you'll need a heater because I'm one of the newer members in the betta world just like you. I'm glad that you chose to add a betta into your family because they're very exciting creatures with different personalities and they have several tail types. It'll be fun finding the betta fit for you, but don't rush it because choosing your forever friend should be something you're very specific about. You want to observe and make sure there's no illness or deformities in the betta you're interested in or you could overwhelm yourself. Well, it was nice meeting you and remember that everyone on this forum enjoys pictures of bettas. (It'd be great if you would post pictures of yours when you get it. )
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jamaica