Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #1 
baylee32

help me find driftwood?

Could someone help me find driftwood for sale online that would be a good size for a divided 10 gallon? Thanks
baylee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:19 AM   #2 
queenamira

I was looking for some as well a few days ago and found some good deals:
Here,
Here,
And here, although this just might be really small!
***I just read that your tank is divided, so here are better ones!
These are definitely small and you can put multiple in each divided area!
These are small and really pretty and you can decide whether or not you want plants on them

Last edited by queenamira; 10-11-2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: More specific pieces!
queenamira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #3 
Aqua Aurora

How many times is the 10g divides? Just once (9" long section)? I have some leftover driftwood from setting up some tanks recently I can sell. Longest pieces are around 15" but can be cut.
Don't have to deal with the wait for wood to come from over seas if you're in the US.
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #4 
baylee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Aurora View Post
How many times is the 10g divides? Just once (9" long section)? I have some leftover driftwood from setting up some tanks recently I can sell. Longest pieces are around 15" but can be cut.
Don't have to deal with the wait for wood to come from over seas if you're in the US.
It's divided twice but the middle section is only about 2" wide to house the heater and provide and safe zone if one jumps.

Also, thanks queenamira! I like the ones in the last link you posted.
baylee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #5 
allied123

I just bought some driftwood from amazon! I bought one from the estes the small one and it's a pretty good sized piece, I also bought a medium piece from zilla on amazon. That one says it's supposed to be 10-12 inches but mine was just over 8 inches and that seems to be a common theme if you read through the reviews. I'm going to be leaving a not so happy review about that. That piece also has several pokey bits that I feel like could really hurt a fish or frog so I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that...

Both pieces seem like they're going to work out perfectly for me so I'm pretty happy about it!
allied123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #6 
RussellTheShihTzu
TFK Moderator

Make sure whatever you buy you boil it and you know where it comes from. JDAquatics on this forum has a Classified ad; he sells driftwood. Send him a PM with the size of the sections and he can probably find something to fit. I like giving as much of my business to people who support the forum as I can.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #7 
allied123

Sorry if this is a little of topic but how do you suggest to boil larger pieces? One of mine was larger than expected and it definitely won't fit in my pot...
Old 10-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #8 
RussellTheShihTzu
TFK Moderator

With larger pieces of my Cholla I keep turning them so that all sections are boiled. I don't have a big enough pot, either.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #9 
allied123

Oh okay perfect I'm not sure why I thought it really needed to be submerged, that makes sense thank you!