Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2015, 01:33 AM   #1 
ABETTANAMEDGROOT

Smile Looking To Improve the Water Baffle for Submerged Pump - Feedback Welcome

It's 2 am here and fortunately I don't have to work tomorrow . The water bottle baffle is working really well, now it's time to improve it .

Here's the original Thread.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=613314

I'm going to use PVC instead of the water bottle, same design with the holes up the side except the bottom will be a screw on cap that I can easily remove. I'm going to secure a PVC disc about 2 inches from the bottom of the tube with holes drilled into it and a fitting that will go through the disc that the hose will connect to, this will create a 2 inch space below the disc, the filter output water will be pumped into this space. I will place a filter media bag with loosely packed activated carbon into this space to further filter the output water and then screw the bottom cap back on, originally I was going to place the filter bag where the sponge filter goes but I didn't want to reduce the filtering area / volume of the filter sponge. The baffle will still reduce the current in the tank to keep Groot happy, the submerged filter will filter about 55 gallons per hour and the filtered output water will be filtered through activated carbon before being pushed into the tank.

What could possibly go wrong??

If anyone can think of potential problems or a better way to do this feel free to post your feedback. I'm going to build this next Saturday so if you have any ideas or criticism post them here.

Thanks

Last edited by ABETTANAMEDGROOT; 10-12-2015 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added link
ABETTANAMEDGROOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump baffle