Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #21 
vaygirl

I've gotten plants and driftwood from www.aquariumplants.com. They ship nicely and I've never had a problem with quality. They'll sometimes throw in freebies too.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:28 AM   #22 
PewPewPew

I ended up going with sweet aquatics..I dont know why I didnt before,I think I was scared off by how much stuff they had. A few things were admittedly a bit priceier than bob's, but I think theyre going to be of better quality. Bob's sadly didnt deliver at all in that dept, and most of my order was eaten to death by a hoarde of invasive snails and crab-looking things. Urhdfalsdhfj yuck!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #23 
phoenix91

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I ended up going with sweet aquatics..I dont know why I didnt before,I think I was scared off by how much stuff they had. A few things were admittedly a bit priceier than bob's, but I think theyre going to be of better quality. Bob's sadly didnt deliver at all in that dept, and most of my order was eaten to death by a hoarde of invasive snails and crab-looking things. Urhdfalsdhfj yuck!
I just looked on sweet aquatics and i wish i'd used them. I unfortunately went with aquatic magic and it's been over a week and i still haven't received my order. I could understand if the shipping had been cheap but it wasn't. I emailed them and they said it could be anything up to 17 days for my order to arrive.

Next time i buy i think i'll go with sweet aquatic as they're just up the road from where i live.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #24 
Littlebittyfish

My 3rd bunch of anacharis...DEAD...What am I doing wrong??
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #25 
Sunshine0235

whats the best kind a substrate to put on the bottom and how much, i have a 55 gallon I would like to plant.
Sunshine0235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #26 
PewPewPew

Depends On what you want to plant :) gravel and sand work great. If you have bottom feeders, opt for sand our really fine gravel. Using sand limits some of what you can plant into it, though gavel usually when if its rather fine will not.

And how did you kill anacharis?? ^^;
How long does it take to die? If its fine for a while but dies after like a week or two, it could be from lack of nutrients. Try using a liquid fertilizer :o
Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #27 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix91 View Post
I just looked on sweet aquatics and i wish i'd used them. I unfortunately went with aquatic magic and it's been over a week and i still haven't received my order. I could understand if the shipping had been cheap but it wasn't. I emailed them and they said it could be anything up to 17 days for my order to arrive.

Next time i buy i think i'll go with sweet aquatic as they're just up the road from where i live.
They do pick up!! Youll save money ;)
Old 04-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #28 
vaygirl

@Littlebitty Did it melt? I've heard that it will often melt when you first put it in and then it will shoot up with new plants. How much light do you have? Are you using fertilizer tabs?
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #29 
Tisia

about half of my anacharis melted, it was my own fault though, I was trying to do a salt dip just to make sure there was nothing that could hurt my boys, and apparently I was having a brain fart day and decided to use really warm water, think I cooked it a bit, lol, my snail enjoyed trimming the leaves for me though. somehow I still have 3 stems with new buds growing, crazy stuff
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #30 
swhitt

PewPew, thank you!!!

I am very glad that you wrote this thread! I have no experience with aquatic plants so this will be very helpful to me when I finally get some:)
swhitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy, faq, helpful posts, plants