Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #21 
small fry

Awesome! Thanks for the advice! I will probably get some tongs soon, but they will probably be padded at the ends. I am actually getting them for my Pacman Frog (the padded ends keep the Pacman frog from stabbing itself after a lunge), and if they would work for ADF, that would be great!

I haven't got the pot yet, but I plan to get one pretty soon. My ADF used to just hide in the Aponogeton roots I have in there, but now it is alot more open.

I do not think that Tony and the ADF will be a problem, considering they will have been together a week tomorrow without much problems. Tony had some rips in his fins, but I think that was from the tank he was in. The rips are healing up now, thank goodness.

All week I have gotten my ADF to eat 1/2 algae wafers, and 1/4 algae wafers. I think it will eat more if I give it more, but I don't want to foul the water or stress out the frog too badly. Like I said, the frog is totally more out in the open with no noticable injuries. I think they are compatable now.
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #22 
FuulieQ

Oh, ADFs are carnivores. I wouldn't give him algae wafers. He might eat them, but they're not good for him. He'll need more protein.

Aw, I want a pacman frog. ;-; They're so cute! What morph do you have?
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #23 
small fry

Carnivours? I should have known that! Wow, I thought I was doing pretty good. Thank you for informing me! I wasn't going to use algae as a staple diet, but it is good to know that I need to get some protein in the little guy fast.

I have a Green C. cranwelli Pacman Frog. I may get an exotic morph in afew years, but for now, I am enjoying my cute little guy. The gender is undetermined because it is so young. It was Quarter size when I got it, but now it is quite abit bigger lol. I have had my Pacman for almost a month.

I love my Pacman so much!
Recent...

A couple weeks ago...

(edit: It is fatter now than in the recent pictures lol)
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #24 
FuulieQ

Haha, that's okay. The proportion of people who try to feed them algae-based flakes is pretty big, and then people always complain that they're hard to keep. xD My little guys are the easiest critters I own.

THAT IS SO. ADORABLE.

OH goodness. Look at that face. Auggggh I want. I would get a "fantasy" hybrid if I could - one with lots of red - but I gotta say, they all are possessed by a thick aura of cute. And so tiny!!! >u< EEEK
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote