Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Horse needs home...

My former horse who I had to rehome after a job loss last year is in need of a new home again. I know many people on here have horses so I though I'd mention him.

Here is some info on him,
Lorick is a percheron cross gelding. He will be 9 in May. He is 16.2 hands and weighs around 1,800 lbs. He is broke but needs some work. He would be great for someone who does natural horsemanship. He's a big goofy guy but can be a bit willful. He would make a great companion or babysitter. Unfortunately Lorick does not tolerate the heat well and would do best in a cooler climate. During the summer heat he must be stalled and turned out only at night. This is very important! Lorick has trouble cooling himself and if he were to be left out in the summer sun he could over heat and die. Lorick is a very easy keeper and is able to go barefoot. He is well behaved and has no vices. He is located in North Alabama.

I got Lorick when he was 4 months old and had him for 8 yrs. Even though I no longer own him he is very special to me and I want the best for him. if you might be interested in him I can pass you along to his owner.

Thanks.
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #2 
tokala

What a hunk-a-love! What level is he at in his training? English or Western discipline (or just the basics)? Any experience around cattle or driving? Price?
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #3 
monroe0704

OMG he's gorgeous!! Is he a working horse or combination breed?
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #4 
PitGurl

@monroe0704-He is a perch/paint cross but looks all draft. He's 3/4 perch I think.

@tokala- He goes western and wears a hackmore. He's green which for a 9 year old his not a good thing. He was just more horse then I could handle. He's not bad, just strong. He became more of a pet then a riding horse. He likes cows, they have some next door to where he lives. He's curious about everything. Always has his nose in somthing. He is $200, even though he is green that is a great price for him. He is a really good guy.

Last edited by PitGurl; 04-11-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #5 
PitGurl

A couple more photos....
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #6 
monroe0704

WOW that is a great price for him :) If my family had their field set up and de-forested, then I'd totally think about bringing up here. I grew up next to a girl that had 8 horses.. we played all the regular things like house and explorers, but we used the horses as an integral part! I so miss it.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #7 
tokala

Oh my goodness what a wonderful price! I will get the word out- the horse market is still really strong where I am and I know a few people that might be uber interested. He is a total doll! Thanks for sharing! Also, dreamhorse.com is a good way to go too- I found good homes for all my babies on there :) Good luck and I will PM you if I find anything.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

He's gorgeous...If I had a place to put him I would take him in a heartbeat...
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

He is like my dream horse. I've always wanted a perch cross (I love me some big horses). If I could afford boarding I'd totally be getting in touch with you. The people I volunteer with know an amazing horse trainer who I'm sure could help me whip him into shape in a few years

One day I'll get my horse... probably not until after college and grad school.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #10 
doggyhog

What a gorgeous horse!! He is freaking huge!! LOL

Wish I could take him off your hands, but I'm totally inexperienced with horses and I live a thousand miles away.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote