Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 AM   #1 
ollief9

Favourite fish?

Whats your favourite fish? Why?

My favourite fish are Common Plecos, because of how endearing they are and their amazing personality, they are like naughtly school kids uprooting all the plants at night!
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #2 
FireKidomaru

hmmm i personally like the arapima...i think thats how you spell it...its a HUGE river fish that looks like its on fire...im gonna go find a pic

ok gots it! you cant see the red but its the best pic. i can find

Last edited by FireKidomaru; 04-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

Black ghost knife fish. I am determined to own one.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettas! lol I also like cories.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #5 
Arashi Takamine

Betta's, tetra's and many, many others. I especially love koi fish and Moor Goldfish. My mom had a moor as a child and after hearing about it I kinda want one myself.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #6 
ollief9

I do long to keep goldfish, but unfortunately all my tanks are tropical and my parents are refusing point-blanc to let me have another tank.
My mum did say 'Just go and buy a fish bowl and stick a couple of goldfish in it'.
Then I filled her in with a lovely long lecture about how goldfish (in the right care) can grow over a foot long and live in excess of 20 years, and that no goldfish which have been kept in bowls could possibly reach that size.

The frustrating thing is about goldfish, is so many people are completely ignorant about them. When I first got my 50 gallon, my brother said 'Why don't you buy 100 goldfish?'
He wasn't joking. So I told him they grow 12 inches long and live for 20 years and he laughed. In fact, almost everyone laughs when I tell them that.

The sad thing is, the average lifespan for household goldfish in the UK is a mere 2 years. It just goes to show the ignorance of the dismissive society we are living in today.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #7 
Arashi Takamine

Is that the same for Black Moor's as well? My mom's Moor lived for like six years in a fish bowl.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #8 
ollief9

Unfortunately, yes.

The average size for a black moor fish is 8-10 inches. The average lifespan for a healthy black moor fish is 12-15 years.

Although fancy goldfish don't need as big tanks as commons, they still need a minimum of 20 gallons, with good filtration to thrive.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #9 
Omboc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
My mum did say 'Just go and buy a fish bowl and stick a couple of goldfish in it'.
Then I filled her in with a lovely long lecture about how goldfish (in the right care) can grow over a foot long and live in excess of 20 years, and that no goldfish which have been kept in bowls could possibly reach that size.
I feel your pain. I tried explaining to my girlfriend how big goldfish can get, and she doesn't believe me whatsoever. There are no good pictures of large goldfish on the internet anywhere!

Back to topic, I love cories! They have the cutest little faces and I love when they roll their eyes.
Omboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #10 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omboc View Post
I feel your pain. I tried explaining to my girlfriend how big goldfish can get, and she doesn't believe me whatsoever. There are no good pictures of large goldfish on the internet anywhere!

Back to topic, I love cories! They have the cutest little faces and I love when they roll their eyes.
Here is a good goldfish actual size thingy:

http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/article...expectancy.htm