Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #1 
vaygirl

Animals in yer yard!

This is for the bird pics Turtle10 asked for but I invite anyone else with backyard animal pics to post theirs...

Night Heron: He comes around a lot in the summer

Egret: I think this is the same egret in both pics. Our creek dumps into a trout lake in the park behind my house and he hangs out there during the day. I've also seen a Tri colored Heron, a little green heron, and a merlin but I don't have any pics. I'm a bird watcher. :)

Mallards inna snow. I feed them more then I probably should..

Mallard family. The yellow babies will grow up to be Leucistic mallards.

Same two babies all grown up!

Bob the black groundhog (my husband names everything Bob)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

That's so cool!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

We have a pair of Mallards that live in the cove that my parents live on (they live on a lake). Every spring they have 4-6+ babies and they are SOO cute. I have this thing for ducks.. I've always wanted to have pet ducks and babies.... maybe one day....

We also have a great big blue heron that lives in the cove. I see him on the dock occasionally when I get up early in the morning on weekends I go home.

Then we have at least one, maybe two pairs of cardinals that nest around the house plus some type of bird (not sure what it is) that makes a nest EVERY year on the floodlight on our garage... which causes us to have to unplug the light. My mom gets a kick out of looking at the babies with a mirror on the stick. Oddly enough momma bird never moves the nest. It's been in the same spot every year since we moved to GA back in 2004. I even got to see the babies fly the nest one year.. it was so cool to see them just take off and never come back.

..... can you tell I like birds?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #4 
Astro277

OMG I LOVE DUCKS lol I'm hoping i can get a pair this easter.
Astro277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #5 
monroe0704

I didn't get any pics of the deer today, but here's one taken in March of our buck. Yes, we still had that much snow! It FINALLY just melted lol... sorry it's crappy... the iPhone doesn't do so well with distance shots.

monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #6 
tokala

So many wonderful birds in your yard!!! I took this picture of these fine looking bachelors yesterday morning. They like to nom on the horses/cattles hay
Attached Images

tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

O.O Are those caribou? How friggin' awesome is that?

<---- has thing for "reindeer". Going to Canada to be able to see a caribou migration in person is like a dream of mine. I want to feel the sound of thousands of hooves pounding the earth.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #8 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
O.O Are those caribou? How friggin' awesome is that?

<---- has thing for "reindeer". Going to Canada to be able to see a caribou migration in person is like a dream of mine. I want to feel the sound of thousands of hooves pounding the earth.
Oh Northern Canada totally tugs at my heart strings too! I am hoping to move to the Yukon for a while after I finish up school. What a beautiful dream you have! These are actually Rocky Mountain Elk, here in Colorado :)
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #9 
vaygirl

Wow! Awesome pics!!!!! <3 I love all kinds of animals. When I go to Cheesequake park I spend the whole time looking for deer. And I come home with deer ticks. :/ We get skunks and raccoons too but only at night. Hubby got me a night scope for this spring. :D

Jackie, that's so cute about the cardinals! I don't get much nesting but I usually see baby geese and ducks every spring. I loves them. I have a thing for birds too. I have four feeders out back. One is for the damn squirrels. A peace offering. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

Still pretty. All we have down here is your run of the mill white tailed deer (and sadly I see far more dead ones on the side of the road than actual live ones :()

LOL.. Oddly enough we don't have much of an issue with squirrels... it could be because there's Isabella Marie Cujo who has made it her life's mission to rid the world of squirrels.

This is her in training XD...

(that actually took an unreal amount of self control on her part to leave it.. I was so proud).

Last edited by 1fish2fish; 04-11-2011 at 04:51 PM.